Cyber firm challenges Yahoo claim hack was state-sponsored
A cyber security company on Wednesday asserted that the hack of 500 million account credentials from Yahoo was the work of an Eastern European criminal gang, adding another layer of intrigue to a murky investigation into the unprecedented data heist.
Arizona-based InfoArmor issued a report whose conclusion challenged Yahoo’s position that a nation-state actor orchestrated the heist, disclosed last week by the internet company. InfoArmor, which provides companies with protection against employee identify theft, said the hacked trove of user data was later sold to at least three clients,... read more
- 17:10 The holiday mistake costing us HUNDREDS - and how to avoid making it
- 17:10 What Birmingham City's Paul Robinson told Harry Redknapp about the...
- 17:10 Huge jams on A38 after lorry crash blocks carriageway
- 17:09 Tottenham to leave White Hart Lane at the end of season with all...
- 17:08 EU regulators drop antitrust probe into Faurecia, others
- 17:08 On the brink: David Moyes hints at Sunderland exit as doomed Black...
- 17:08 Pimco shutters RAE Worldwide Fundamental Advantage PLUS Fund
- 17:08 Scots in hunt for British GT glory at Rockingham
- 17:08 Restaurant fined after neighbours complained about curry smell
- 17:08 Peter Kay's Car Share steering into heartbreaking ending as tragedy...
- 17:07 Lorry overturns in crash on A1
- 17:06 Gabriel Jesus reacts to Man City Manchester derby comeback
- 17:06 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho reveals plan to cope with...
- 17:05 Barry Horne: Joey Barton's gambling ban was too excessive
- 17:04 Large police presence seen in Spring Bank in Hull at Friday rush hour
- 17:04 Mounted police and metal detectors being used in crackdown on knife...
- 17:03 Anthony Joshua collects bespoke Range Rover ahead of big fight
- 17:03 Mum of brutal bully attack victim doesn't regret releasing shocking...
- 17:03 Is your desk job destroying all the good work you’ve put in at...
- 17:03 Rail users in the north west hit by 24-hour strike
- 17:03 All the memories come flooding back
- 17:03 What is Ed Balls Day? Everything you need to know about the sixth...
- 16:58 Juan Mata could play again this season for Manchester United
- 16:58 Sunderland AFC record £33million loss
- 16:58 Green campaigner Andrew Cooper set to stand in general election
- 16:57 These are the holiday destinations most likely to cause a break-up
- 16:57 Why you should make sure you ALWAYS take this item on a plane with you
- 16:57 Why the Royal Family will NEVER use these certain words
- 16:57 Elderly man found dead in public toilet
- 16:57 Chick this out!