Cyber-Attack: US blames North Korea for WannaCry
The US administration has said North Korea was "directly responsible" for the WannaCry malware attack affecting hospitals, businesses and banks across the world earlier this year.
The attack is said to have hit more than 300,000 computers in 150 nations, causing billions of dollars of damage.
Thomas Bossert, an aide to US President Donald Trump, made the accusation in the Wall Street Journal newspaper.
It is the first time the US has blamed the country officially for the worm.
Mr Bossert, who advises the president on homeland security, said the allegation was "based on... read more
- 15:08 Gaz Beadle silences the haters with video of Emma McVey...
- 15:08 The Mail backs Ulverston firefighters' bid to protect fire services
- 15:08 Fundraising page set up for disgraced liver surgeon
- 15:08 Places still available for National Nuclear Skills Conference
- 15:07 MP welcomes new fly-tipping powers
- 15:07 Weather Watch: There could be more snow to come
- 15:07 Library to change its opening hours
- 15:07 Thousands of Derbyshire jobs up for grabs
- 15:07 New swimming-pool hoists to be installed at leisure centres
- 15:06 Family sob as they recall moment they saw ‘lifeless’ body of baby...
- 15:06 Prostitution could be about to become decriminalised in the UK
- 15:06 This WhatsApp subscription text is a scam – here’s what to do if...
- 15:04 Hull's spectacular Race for Life is returning with even more events...
- 15:03 Fantasy Football Tips: Five men to add, five to discard and one to...
- 15:03 Would you pay extra £5 a year for fire and rescue services?
- 15:03 People are ‘microdosing’ tiny hits of weed at work to boost...
- 15:01 Drone hit newly erected crane during Kent site survey - report
- 15:00 Latest Chesterfield magistrates’ court results
- 14:59 Revealed: The best time of day to eat carbs without piling on the...
- 14:58 Bake Off's singing cakes up for animation award
- 14:58 New campaign is raising awareness of sexual abuse of children
- 14:57 Metal Gear Survive open beta COUNTDOWN: PS4, Xbox One time, date,...
- 14:57 CCTV APPEAL: Police appeal to track three men in connection with...
- 14:57 Winds of Winter: George R R Martin talks being a ‘slow writer’ in...
- 14:57 Mansfield man’s £750 court bill for speeding
- 14:57 James Bond 25: Why Christoph Waltz could still be returning as...
- 14:57 Alcohol social worker banned after boozy trip to shops
- 14:57 Dementia diet: Eating this 34p vegetable could lower your risk of...
- 14:57 Restaurant manager downed vodka and cokes before driving
- 14:57 Primary school wants to create a ‘community hub’ to support pupils...