Cyber-Attack: US blames North Korea for WannaCry
The US administration has said North Korea was "directly responsible" for the WannaCry malware attack affecting hospitals, businesses and banks across the world earlier this year.
The attack is said to have hit more than 300,000 computers in 150 nations, causing billions of dollars of damage.
Thomas Bossert, an aide to US President Donald Trump, made the accusation in the Wall Street Journal newspaper.
It is the first time the US has blamed the country officially for the worm.
Mr Bossert, who advises the president on homeland security, said the allegation was "based on... read more
- 12:29 Why I fell in love with Scotland's weird customs: How an American...
- 12:29 Non-stop prayer, no Facebook, yak on the menu and the Dalai Lama's...
- 12:29 PICS: Football fever lands at Treetops Nursery
- 12:27 Long Lartin prison governor 'attacked by inmate'
- 12:27 Top 10 books about the afterlife
- 12:27 Children's cough syrup from Asda, Morrisons, Sainsbury's, Tesco and...
- 12:25 VIDEO: Kane England win the World Cup?
- 12:23 Music Review Forever young Felix marks half a century with radical...
- 12:23 Music Review Junction's techno treat the one to beat
- 12:23 Interview ‘Songs always boss you around’
- 12:23 Calls for BBC to sack Lord Sugar after ‘racist’ tweet
- 12:23 England star Jamie Vardy hailed ‘absolute legend’ for hilarious...
- 12:20 BBC announces action to boost staff from BAME backgrounds
- 12:20 'Finchley Park needs levelling' - Furious reaction as man, 45,...
- 12:20 Prince Louis to be baptised on July 9
- 12:20 Teenager robbed at knifepoint in Widnes
- 12:19 Portugal v Morocco LIVE: World Cup updates with Cristiano Ronaldo...
- 12:19 Ford Park group set out to combat litter scourge
- 12:18 12 gauge pump-action shotgun handed into police
- 12:18 Kalidou Koulibaly tells Chelsea fans to expect a ‘very good coach’...
- 12:18 Two seriously injured after two bus smash outside Edinburgh primary...
- 12:17 University includes Nazi quote in email to students
- 12:17 Corby medical centre fined for fly-tipping
- 12:17 Rejuvenated Jimny
- 12:16 Drivers’ incentives to use new coach park
- 12:16 Bookies link Wolves with shock bid for West Brom star
- 12:15 Airport runway closure saw disabled passengers 'trapped on plane'
- 12:15 This new hub will help young people with disabilities find employment
- 12:15 PICS: Football fever lands at Treetops Nursery
- 12:14 Workers shouted 'get out' following chemical leak at Carlsberg in...