Customers 'bewildered and fearful' about use of their data
Nine in ten of us have no idea what companies do with the personal information they hold on us.
Nor do we trust them to handle it responsibly, according to the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM).
It says businesses have failed to persuade us to read their online terms and conditions to understand what they do with our details.
Instead, according to its research, we are in the dark about data and scared of being spammed or scammed.
The CIM questioned more than 2,500 consumers and marketing professionals, to help businesses looking for new ways to sell to us over the internet.
But rather... read more
- 17:46 PANTO REVIEW: Peter Pan, Mansfield Palace Theatre
- 17:44 This Chelsea star is so good it's like having an extra player on...
- 17:40 Extraordinary fundraising week at Wreake Valley Academy for...
- 17:40 Top TV picks
- 17:40 Saturday night film
- 17:40 135 years of history celebrated at Barrow Salvation Army special...
- 17:40 Festive fever comes to Barrow at the launch of popular grotto
- 17:38 Norway government wins backing for 2017 budget, prevents collapse
- 17:37 Mysterious figure dubbed the 'Ruskington Horror' spotted near Sleaford
- 17:37 The picture postcard views of Lincoln Christmas Market
- 17:36 80 homes heading to old Harvestime Bakery site
- 17:36 West Bromwich postcode strikes gold with £3 million lottery prize
- 17:35 Arsene Wenger says Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey was not ‘100 per...
- 17:33 Church of England jumped on 'middle-class Brexit bandwagon', bishop...
- 17:30 Meet the prolific fundraiser donating 60 hampers to deserving...
- 17:26 West Ham v Arsenal: Live Premier League scores and updates from the...
- 17:26 Rutland leads the way with mental health care project for young people
- 17:26 Share views on post-16 transport in Rutland
- 17:24 Road in Leicestershire closed due to serious collision
- 17:24 Brave Bradley Lowery wishes supporters a Merry Christmas as he...
- 17:24 Cousin remembers 'angel' Paige Collier with touching tribute
- 17:23 12 ways being a student ruins Christmas
- 17:22 UK Championship: Mark Selby beats Shaun Murphy to reach third final
- 17:22 Barcelona 1-1 Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos' last-minute header rescues...
- 17:21 Launch of new independent womenswear shop in Harrogate
- 17:20 Will you marry Smee? Actor pops the question at Mansfield's pantomime
- 17:20 Pep Guardiola concedes Chelsea’s Antonio Conte won the tactical...
- 17:20 Barcelona 1-1 Real Madrid: Late Sergio Ramos goal cancels Luis...
- 17:19 Man City v Chelsea chaos: Howard Webb speaks out on Sergio Aguero...
- 17:18 Police advise youngsters on how to stay safe