Curry king turns popular bhoona into ready meal to help feed thousands of hungry kids
THOUSANDS of hungry children will be fed thanks to a curry house’s popular chicken bhoona.
Mr Singh’s have turned their hit recipe into a ready meal which will help Scots charity Mary’s Meals feed needy youngsters across the world.
The restaurant chain’s bhoonas are now being sold in Costco, with each sale providing a meal for a child.
The £6.67 dish for two is already proving a hit with shoppers, with 1400 meals being sold since they first went on sale last month.
It’s hoped the partnership could feed 10,000 children.
Glasgow restaurant boss Satty Singh said: “We wanted to make an... read more
- 06:24 Clean-air campaigners call for ban on school run to cut pollution
- 06:22 Ban school drop off cars to safeguard pupils’ health, call
- 06:22 Ban school drop-off cars to improve pupil health, says charity
- 06:22 Aberdeen worst Scots airport for delays
- 06:22 Awards shine light on the Scottish stars of life sciences
- 06:22 37,000 mountain hares killed in one year on estates
- 06:22 Lesley Riddoch: End of the peer show for the House of Lords? Not yet
- 06:22 Barry Gardiner in the tall grass over Labour’s Brexit splits
- 06:22 Hampden & Co unveils key hire and new office
- 06:22 Further growth is name of the game for Dundee studio Outplay
- 06:21 Irish strike for Al
- 06:20 Women eye three-game State of Origin series
- 06:19 Clean-air campaigners call for ban on school run to cut pollution
- 06:19 Russian 'dirty money' is damaging UK security, MPs say
- 06:19 Michael Gove and Ruth Davidson team up to back new Tory thinktank
- 06:19 Brexit blamed for dramatic fall in UK business registrations
- 06:19 Power station Drax aims to place UK at front of green energy race
- 06:19 Government must reform UK immigration system, says report from...
- 06:18 Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho branded CRAZY by Paul Pogba...
- 06:15 Cheshire Police advises residents how to protect high tech homes...
- 06:14 China agrees to buy more US imports
- 06:14 Cannabis oil could hold key to smokers kicking the bad habit
- 06:13 People who don’t use their car’s indicators drive me crazy
- 06:13 From Twin Peaks to Bon Temps: TV’s American small-towns ranked from...
- 06:13 Breaking Bad to the Paradise Papers: all you need to know about...
- 06:08 Hartlepool mum ‘dumbfounded’ after severely disabled daughter is...
- 06:07 Germany to roll out mass holding centres for asylum seekers
- 06:07 Motability needs a new road map for managing finances, MPs say
- 06:04 Kirsty Gunn: Scary how artists are near-sanctified by devoted pilgrims
- 06:04 Harry’s thanks for ‘stunning’ bride as details of all-night royal...