Cumbrian restaurant for sale for £1.2m
One of Cumbria’s top restaurants has gone on the market.
The Cottage in the Wood is up for sale for £1.2 million as owners Liam and Kath Berney are looking to retire.
The couple took on the restaurant with rooms in Whinlatter Forest in 2002 and it has become a major name in the region and has helped champion Cumbria’s high class cuisine.
Observer food critic Jay Rayner raved about its creative modern British style of cooking.
Liam, 63, says the time is right for him to retire.
“It is a young man’s business and you need lots of energy.
“We still have the enthusiasm, but there are a few... read more
- 14:08 Caravan catches fire on M56 and temporarily shuts down motorway
- 14:08 Fire at Wimbledon tennis courts in London
- 14:08 A38 closed after crash
- 14:07 FA Cup final preview: Alexis Sanchez, Aaron Ramsey and co snapped...
- 14:07 General election 2017: Which candidate will get your vote in the...
- 14:07 Calendars remind residents of bin days
- 14:07 What to do in a terrorist attack - vital information to help in an...
- 14:07 Pet owner slapped with £3,600 fine after refusing to pick up dog muck
- 14:06 A38 blocked near Little Eaton roundabout after crash between lorry...
- 14:06 Whitehaven woman stole almost £30,000 from her partner's grandfather
- 14:05 Who will Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray and Rafael Nadal have to beat...
- 14:04 Labour’s Creagh backed by Ukip in Wakefield seat
- 14:04 Gwynedd man jailed for 17 years for murdering neighbour with hammer...
- 14:04 Blackpool assault victim 'still critical'
- 14:04 New life-saving advice says floating, not swimming, could prevent...
- 14:04 Why this West Brom and England fan has stripped naked - (nearly)...
- 14:04 Planning applications: Redevelopment of Co-op petrol station site...
- 14:04 Have a go at... art classes
- 14:04 Clothing review: Bawal Kids Jacket
- 14:04 Going wild for Whitley Bay Carnival
- 14:03 Night at Rugby Museum is out of this world!
- 14:03 M62 delays after four lorries and caravan in crash
- 14:03 Everton FC target speaks out about over his future
- 14:03 Lutterworth landlord Robert tackles 300-mile cycle ride to Paris
- 14:01 How Burton Albion moved on and didn't look back after League Two...
- 14:01 Corbyn's foreign policy speech reveals his principled commitment to...
- 14:01 South Yorkshire brain injury charity to receive vital funding
- 14:01 How hot can the weather get before you can legally stop working
- 14:01 Live updates as huge M62 delays after four HGVs and caravan crash
- 14:00 M62 delays after four lorries and caravan in crash