Cumbrian restaurant for sale for £1.2m
One of Cumbria’s top restaurants has gone on the market.
The Cottage in the Wood is up for sale for £1.2 million as owners Liam and Kath Berney are looking to retire.
The couple took on the restaurant with rooms in Whinlatter Forest in 2002 and it has become a major name in the region and has helped champion Cumbria’s high class cuisine.
Observer food critic Jay Rayner raved about its creative modern British style of cooking.
Liam, 63, says the time is right for him to retire.
“It is a young man’s business and you need lots of energy.
“We still have the enthusiasm, but there are a few... read more
- 14:50 Euro 2016 and Premier League hat-tricks - What has happened to some...
- 14:49 Two Muslim preachers arrested at Ibizan party haven accused of...
- 14:49 MIGRANT CRISIS: Death toll in Mediterranean surpasses 3,700 this year
- 14:48 TV and film stuntman breaks world record
- 14:48 A day for democracy
- 14:48 Artist’s work helps Lancashire hospice
- 14:47 CCTV catches thieves taking beer from garage
- 14:47 Handbag snatched from car as woman waited at traffic lights
- 14:47 More love than hate? Marmite sales rocket after ‘Brexit’ row
- 14:46 Drunk brandished knife after row in pub
- 14:46 Nissan-Renault says open to partnerships to develop new car...
- 14:46 TV and film stuntman breaks world record
- 14:46 BlackBerry launches its third Android-based phone
- 14:46 Appeal for information on two asbestos fly tips
- 14:46 Watch as ceilidh cops jig in the street with Stornoway Mod revellers
- 14:46 Block paving set to go in Town centre!
- 14:46 New Northern Rail trains: This is what Teesside's trains could look...
- 14:46 This woman has spent over £20,000 to look like Barbie
- 14:45 Hull City club secretary Matt Wild resigns - and will join...
- 14:45 Man Booker 2016 winner to be announced
- 14:45 Chelsea star Pedro reveals Barcelona talks and why summer move...
- 14:45 Pep Guardiola expecting Man United backlash: This is why Jose...
- 14:43 Biker seriously hurt in crash
- 14:43 Return of the burial mound: Neolithic stone tombs could be used in...
- 14:43 Five things we learned from The Walking Dead season seven premiere
- 14:41 Phantom smells are a very bad sign - and this is why
- 14:41 Scared of the dentist? Then blame the genes inherited from your...
- 14:41 When do the clocks go back?
- 14:40 Sergio Ramos 'feeling better every day' as Real Madrid star shares...
- 14:40 Paul Pogba leaves Manchester United hotel in personalised pair of...