Cumbrian hospitals chief to bed campaigners: Let's talk
The woman in charge of Cumbria’s cottage hospitals has offered a glimmer of hope to campaigners fighting to save their beds.
Claire Molloy, chief executive of the Cumbria Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, has hinted that she would like to find a compromise.
Currently meeting with groups connected to all of the community hospitals, the aim is to explore alternative plans drawn up by local groups. It comes after the Government’s Success Regime set out its preferred options for the future of healthcare in north and west Cumbria.
The controversial plans include closing all beds in three of the... read more
- 18:17 500 Huddersfield students receive their Duke of Edinburgh awards!
- 18:16 Images released of suspect after girl, 11, was sexually assaulted...
- 18:15 Holiday bosses didn't want to scare Tunisia tourists with 'army of...
- 18:15 You can now order food and drink at Wetherspoons from your phone
- 18:15 Staffy tied up and used as attack bait for other dogs
- 18:14 Carer saw man with TV similar to item stolen from Norma Bell
- 18:13 Bayern Munich earmark Chelsea target Marco Verratti as replacement...
- 18:12 Ireland reports 'mad cow' case, says no risk to health
- 18:12 Trump to take handful of executive actions on Day One - transition
- 18:11 More than 400 jobs to go at Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank
- 18:11 Harrogate woman's £25,000 win in Henshaws charity lottery
- 18:10 Teenager charged after youngster stabbed at Swedish 'no-go zone'...
- 18:10 ‘Robert Mugabe to die on October 17 2017’ Zimbabwean priest...
- 18:10 'Muslims should not wear burka in public’, says Australian Premier...
- 18:10 Rape-proof knickers created in wake of Cologne sex attacks SELL OUT...
- 18:10 Done Deal: Chelsea striker makes switch away from Stamford Bridge
- 18:09 WATCH: Stunning starlings put on a show in Derbyshire
- 18:09 Latest court results from the Ilkeston area
- 18:09 Woman hurt after car crashes into a hedge
- 18:09 Friends of St Cross make dream start to sleep fundraiser
- 18:08 Meet the four-legged new arrivals set to keep North East nature...
- 18:08 Dad who broke his back in seven places after horror motorbike crash...
- 18:08 Holocaust to be marked with a series of events across the North East
- 18:08 Theresa May accused of betraying the North East over total Brexit plan
- 18:08 Global temperature hits record high for third year in a row
- 18:07 Harrogate woman's £25,000 win in Henshaws charity lottery
- 18:07 Wall St. flat as tech gains counter weakness in retailers
- 18:06 Shell bolsters offshore wind interests with bid in U.S. tender
- 18:05 Jobs go as Huddersfield sandwich company folds
- 18:05 You can now attend a fitness class where humans have to exercise...