Cumbrian girl's rare illness caused by her rapid growth
It sounds like a Roald Dahl story: The girl who grew too quickly.
But it’s fact, not fiction for Zara Beattie.
She has a rare illness caused by her rapid growth and it has left her marooned in her home.
The teenager is suffering from PoTS – Postural tachycardia syndrome.
It means that unless she is lying down, her heart rate can race to a massive 160 or even 180 beats per minute.
It is most common in girls and women aged 15 to 50, but Zara is just 13.
She was struggling for breath during games back in January and first started suffering serious palpitations in May.
Since then it has been a... read more
- 05:58 Live coverage of Robin Hood Marathon and Half Marathon 2017
- 05:57 Lionel Messi: Barcelona legend is almost unstoppable - Jordi Alba
- 05:45 Joseph Parker beats Hughie Fury to retain WBO world heavyweight title
- 05:42 Bride-to-be told she may have to cancel wedding due to bone cancer
- 05:41 How Thomson Holidays repeatedly broke a promise to refund customer
- 05:41 This VW driver thought things could not get any worse - and then...
- 05:41 Why bin day was rubbish for this fed-up Gateshead couple
- 05:41 Newcastle United's Supermac, Tudor and 'Jinky' do the business on...
- 05:41 Zero hours contracts on rise - but have they got a bad press and...
- 05:38 Barcelona news: Lionel Messi is impossible to mark even with two...
- 05:36 Hit the ground running: The top ten Premier League debut seasons ever
- 05:30 Sick predator hung around Hull park 'looking for boys' to ply with...
- 05:23 Manchester United news and transfer rumours LIVE Romelu Lukaku and...
- 05:23 Manchester United player Ashley Young sends a message to Luke Shaw
- 05:17 Car park cost cock-up after trainee engineers told to draw up plan
- 05:17 Look at the 'appalling' mess man left behind at North Wales beauty...
- 05:10 Watch: Cyclist with CHILD on back centimetres from smash-up after...
- 05:10 TV star Holly Matthews urges conversation around grief and loss...
- 05:10 Weather outlook for Sunday in Coventry and Warwickshire
- 05:04 Germany election: Merkel seeks fourth term
- 05:04 Mexico volcano spews ash sparking fears of eruption after deadly...
- 05:03 Fascinating quiz on the magical superstitions of Hull's fishermen
- 05:03 Hull council: 'Not a cat's chance in hell' government will pay for...
- 04:58 Brexit: Jeremy Corbyn pressed to commit to single market
- 04:28 Gas warning: Six signs YOU could have potentially fatal carbon...
- 03:46 Meghan Markle attends as Prince Harry launches Invictus Games
- 03:04 Rubens' Duke of Buckingham 'found' after 400 years
- 03:04 Olympic champion Dame Kelly Holmes 'cut herself daily'
- 02:41 Busty Lydia Bright looks sensational as she displays her toned...
- 02:41 Her Hero! Mariah Carey gets a helping hand from beau Bryan Tanaka...