Cumbrian girl's rare illness caused by her rapid growth
It sounds like a Roald Dahl story: The girl who grew too quickly.
But it’s fact, not fiction for Zara Beattie.
She has a rare illness caused by her rapid growth and it has left her marooned in her home.
The teenager is suffering from PoTS – Postural tachycardia syndrome.
It means that unless she is lying down, her heart rate can race to a massive 160 or even 180 beats per minute.
It is most common in girls and women aged 15 to 50, but Zara is just 13.
She was struggling for breath during games back in January and first started suffering serious palpitations in May.
Since then it has been a... read more
- 06:46 Former boss: This player has made Man United look like another team
- 06:43 Live breaking news: Fire crews fight house fire in Barrow
- 06:41 Middlesbrough turn down £6m Aston Villa offer for Jordan Rhodes -...
- 06:41 Steven Gerrard: Liverpool have to keep this star at Anfield
- 06:41 Thierry Henry: This Arsenal star could join Bayern Munich - Here’s why
- 06:40 UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Jan 19
- 06:40 Search to find Rushden’s unsung heroes
- 06:40 Tributes paid to former ET worker
- 06:40 Reassurance for Wellingborough residents concerned by number of...
- 06:39 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...
- 06:39 Horrific injuries after yob hurled brick through taxi window
- 06:39 Look: Raider holds knife to throat of Co-op worker in robbery
- 06:38 Stoke City news and transfer rumours LIVE: Shawcross hails...
- 06:38 Sleep rough for homeless
- 06:38 Drug service expands to Doncaster’s homeless
- 06:38 Improvement is needed for young people
- 06:38 Hartlepool United caretaker Sam Collins will have Pools ready for...
- 06:37 Man United deal eyed after national team warning: Club already in...
- 06:36 Allianz and Standard Chartered form bancassurance pact in Asia
- 06:34 Premier League stats: Who is the fastest attacker in the Premier...
- 06:33 In this week’s Herald . . .
- 06:32 Workers park van over three parking spaces at Morrisons
- 06:32 Spy-cam van patrols past school BEFORE parents break parking rules
- 06:32 Drivers say a complete ring road for Lincoln 'can't come soon enough'
- 06:31 U.S exchanges rent helicopter, drape banner in pursuit of Snapchat IPO
- 06:31 Asian investors see Trump stimulus sweet spot amid protectionism,...
- 06:28 British mothers drinking during pregnancy put us in worst five...
- 06:28 ‘Drug den’ in Spalding town centre disabled loo
- 06:28 'Unsafe' care home in Leek threatened with closure if drastic...
- 06:28 New escape rooms to open in Hanley