Cumbrian girl's rare illness caused by her rapid growth
It sounds like a Roald Dahl story: The girl who grew too quickly.
But it’s fact, not fiction for Zara Beattie.
She has a rare illness caused by her rapid growth and it has left her marooned in her home.
The teenager is suffering from PoTS – Postural tachycardia syndrome.
It means that unless she is lying down, her heart rate can race to a massive 160 or even 180 beats per minute.
It is most common in girls and women aged 15 to 50, but Zara is just 13.
She was struggling for breath during games back in January and first started suffering serious palpitations in May.
Since then it has been a... read more
- 11:33 Jurgen Klopp confirms the one Liverpool player he would sell in...
- 11:33 Kerching! Lincoln Christmas Market's boost to city's small traders
- 11:33 Liverpool legend: I would have succeeded Sir Alex Ferguson as...
- 11:33 Dad donates dead son's unopened Christmas presents to sick children...
- 11:33 Dangers of the diet pills sold on the High Street: Experts warn...
- 11:32 Water shock! River clean-up nets a big haul
- 11:32 Organisers hoping for big turn-out at Xmas Market
- 11:30 BREAKING: Explosion tears through China leaving many feared dead
- 11:29 Stowaway migrants found crushed under trucks in Austria
- 11:29 Manchester City vs Chelsea, Premier League LIVE: Follow all the...
- 11:29 Yobs wreck blood biker’s Triumph Tiger
- 11:27 Key man exit may pave way for Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard to...
- 11:27 Jamie Carragher: This Liverpool ace has to be realistic about his...
- 11:27 Manchester City v Chelsea: LIVE Premier League scores and updates...
- 11:24 Stourbridge FC count down clock to huge FA Cup clash
- 11:20 Retirement village gets in the festive spirit
- 11:20 Conor McGregor insists Floyd Mayweather called him first saying...
- 11:19 Drivers warned about thieves using key lock jammers at M-way services
- 11:19 Nazi PoW leaves £400,000 to 'kind' Scottish village
- 11:19 Mother jailed for beating up daughter, 17, when she caught her...
- 11:19 Plucky turkey won’t be caught for Christmas
- 11:18 Sponsor supports club’s league goals
- 11:18 Planned roadworks on A1 and A19 in Northumberland and North Tyneside
- 11:18 Man taken to hospital after car hits tree
- 11:17 China's Xi says military must be smaller, but more capable
- 11:16 Dry January: 7 things you realise when you give up the booze
- 11:15 Louis van Gaal is much stricter than Jose Mourinho, says Manchester...
- 11:15 Video: Full route for 2017 Tour de Yorkshire cycle race
- 11:10 ‘It was worth the 6,000 miles to get a free beer’
- 11:10 East Midlands Trains fares to rise in the new year - but less than...