Cumbrian girl's rare illness caused by her rapid growth
It sounds like a Roald Dahl story: The girl who grew too quickly.
But it’s fact, not fiction for Zara Beattie.
She has a rare illness caused by her rapid growth and it has left her marooned in her home.
The teenager is suffering from PoTS – Postural tachycardia syndrome.
It means that unless she is lying down, her heart rate can race to a massive 160 or even 180 beats per minute.
It is most common in girls and women aged 15 to 50, but Zara is just 13.
She was struggling for breath during games back in January and first started suffering serious palpitations in May.
Since then it has been a... read more
- 08:23 Sawley mum Natalie Buxton loses a whopping six stone in seven...
- 08:21 Police concerned for welfare of 15-year-old Megan Levers
- 08:18 Communal strife in home state kills of India's Modi kills one, 14 hurt
- 08:18 Purple Day and epilepsy: How I helped care for my sister and grandma
- 08:18 Health trust looking for new governors
- 08:16 Castle Bytham set to have new community shop if quarry site plan...
- 08:15 How this Sheffield couple met through their shared pain of losing...
- 08:14 Uber suspends self-driving cars after Arizona crash
- 08:14 Easter 2017: Marks and Spencer is selling Hot Cross Bun flavour fudge!
- 08:14 Fabinho speaks out amid Manchester United transfer speculation
- 08:13 First finalists for Mansfield's Got Talent are revealed
- 08:12 Who is Manchester United transfer target Daishawn Redan?
- 08:07 Every Premier League and Football League stadium ranked by...
- 08:07 Championship stats: Dirtiest teams in the league revealed
- 08:05 Plans to build a house in Repton's Main Street have been refused
- 08:02 Everton and Liverpool set for transfer tussle: Star could move to...
- 08:00 People are paying thousands of pounds for square watermelons and...
- 07:59 Mother's Day 2017 - See if you've been left a message in our e-book!
- 07:56 The 10 most packed stadiums in Europe: Prem clubs dominate, but...
- 07:56 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp makes transfer call: Summer striker...
- 07:52 Teacher had suspect broken arm after a 'disturbance' between pupils...
- 07:52 Police hunt 12-year-old boy who pulled out knife on youngster in...
- 07:50 Convenience store plans for ex-library
- 07:48 Messi blocks £130m Man Utd move, £65m Liverpool approach, £70m...
- 07:47 Sebastian Vettel storms to Australian Grand Prix win with Lewis...
- 07:47 REVEALED: THIS is why there’s always a phone in your hotel bathroom
- 07:45 Tributes to cattery owner who appeared on TV and raised thousands...
- 07:45 100s of your Mother’s Day greetings here – is there one for you?
- 07:45 North Lincolnshire man's memories of working with Michael Jackson,...
- 07:45 Vinyl records business finds permanent home at Scunthorpe Market