Cumbria's 'creepy clown' pranksters still prowling streets, warn police
Cumbria's “creepy clown” pranksters are still plaguing communities, with about 80 incidents reported in the last five days.
But police say that the number of incidents has slowed over the past 24 hours, with just 16 incidents reported to the force in that period.
None of the incidents have led to arrests or anybody being charged with an offence.
Despite this, some of the latest clown reports are chilling.
Chief Inspector Matthew Kennerley said: “Police have received a reduced number of reported ‘clown craze’ incidents in the last 24 hour period. However no offences were established and no... read more
- 13:26 Small schools across rural Yorkshire at risk from funding crisis
- 13:25 Evacuated tower block resident says she can’t be rehomed because of...
- 13:24 New Zealand coach Steve Hansen hails Kieran Read's display against...
- 13:23 In pictures: Theresa May's visit to Liverpool for Armed Forces Day
- 13:23 Watch: Leeds marks Armed Forces Day
- 13:18 Arsenal starlet Chris Willock closing in on Benfica transfer move
- 13:17 16 things you only know if you live in Clapham
- 13:17 Glencore ups bidding war for Rio Tinto's coal mines to £2.1bn
- 13:17 VIDEO: All your questions answered in our PNE Q&A
- 13:16 Marco Verratti to Barcelona: PSG star gives update on his future
- 13:16 Brooklyn Beckham blasted over 'terrible' photography book with...
- 13:16 Desperate mum 'had row with 999 operator' just minutes before...
- 13:14 Masterchef finalist to host supper club
- 13:14 JD Sports set to open new Sheffield store
- 13:14 The Derby cat made famous by the ICC Women's Cricket World Cup
- 13:13 Chester's Wesley Church Centre reopens after £500,000 refurbishment
- 13:13 Sauber chairman hits out as tempers flare in wake of Monisha...
- 13:13 Liverpool will bid for Arsenal star Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain but...
- 13:13 Man Utd buying Alvaro Morata, Fabinho and Jordi Alba would be great...
- 13:10 Bellator NYC: How to watch Sonnen vs. Silva live
- 13:09 Crash kills man and woman pedestrians as they cross A64 near Malton
- 13:08 Viz founder Simon Donald to compete in Great North Run after MS...
- 13:08 From 2lbs to tennis star - the incredible story of a High Heaton...
- 13:08 FEATURE: Opera in Harborough - it’s hot in every sense!
- 13:07 Three-year-old double baby of the year winner diagnosed with brain...
- 13:06 Azerbaijan Grand Prix qualifying F1 LIVE: Lewis Hamilton aims to...
- 13:05 Declan Donnelly may have known about Anthony McPartlin’s battle...
- 13:05 Man suffers broken jaw in attack by schoolboy wearing blue arm cast
- 13:05 Istanbul bans gay and transgender pride march for second year
- 13:04 Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service gives barbecue safety advice...