Cumbria police chief speaks of embarrassment after being caught speeding
Mr McCall will attend a speed awareness course in the next few weeks after being clocked doing 36mph in a 30mph zone.
In a statement, he said: "As Police and Crime Commissioner, I have always said that I would not shy away from difficult issues and I believe that you should always speak the truth no matter how difficult a situation.
"I have received a speeding ticket as a result of travelling at 36mph in a 30mph limit in early August. This was whilst I was on holiday outside the county.
I am obviously embarrassed by this offence "I am obviously embarrassed by this offence.... read more
- 18:02 Third of poorer families in England missing out on free food vouchers
- 18:01 Champagne populists? Far-right MEPs face inquiry into expenses
- 18:01 Wimbledon confirms it has no plans to rebrand ladies' tournament
- 18:01 Rafael Nadal still sees Novak Djokovic as main contender amid...
- 18:01 Mohamed Salah can become modern great like Messi and Ronaldo, says...
- 17:58 Champions League final: Why Phil Thompson is backing Liverpool to...
- 17:57 Letter of the week: Return the body of Sunderland land and brave...
- 17:56 Cinema to show Charlie Chaplin film accompanied by 'authentic' live...
- 17:54 Arsenal news: Unai Emery odds-on to complete transfer and reunion...
- 17:54 Man Utd news: Defender sends message to Jose Mourinho over his future
- 17:54 Now or Never campaign launches 2 Minute Litter Pick boards in...
- 17:54 Your TV might ‘break’ during the Champion’s League final, and...
- 17:54 Police appeal for missing Carlisle man, 29
- 17:53 Royal wedding cellist Sheku Kanneh-Mason gets chart boost
- 17:52 Top 20 free UK museums and galleries for families
- 17:52 Harvey Weinstein's arrest explained: the charges and what's next
- 17:52 Harvey Weinstein: the remarkable downfall of Hollywood's biggest mogul
- 17:51 Teacher dies in tragic skydiving accident after heavy landing
- 17:50 Stratford AC retain Warwick Vase for third year in succession
- 17:49 United Utilities to close West Cumbrian road
- 17:49 McDonald’s votes to keep using plastic straws
- 17:47 Cinema to show Charlie Chaplin film accompanied by 'authentic' live...
- 17:46 Date set for funeral of legendary Sheffield boxing trainer Brendan...
- 17:46 FIRST PICTURE of 15-year-old Sheffield boy stabbed to death
- 17:45 Chess: Nigel Short balancing playing with campaign for Fide presidency
- 17:44 FIRST PICTURE of 15-year-old Sheffield boy stabbed to death
- 17:44 Majority of EU27 favour 'simple' approach on Britons’ residency
- 17:44 Parts of Bridlington to be closed to traffic next week
- 17:41 Are these sunglasses the worst thing you have ever seen?
- 17:40 Heavy rain brings delays to North East roads as Bank Holiday...