Cumbria council's snooping rulebook amended to allow covert Facebook surveillance
Council bosses in Cumbria can use Facebook to snoop on residents they suspect of committing an offence.
New guidelines have been added to Cumbria County Council's surveillance rule book on the issue and approved by leaders.
The regulations allow county council staff to glean information from personal social media account pages as an alternative to carrying out direct surveillance.
Council bosses approved the move at a meeting last Thursday as they discussed the authority's latest inspection by the government's Interception of Communication Commissioner's Office.
The council's director of... read more
- 10:55 UPDATE 1-Russia's Sistema says plans to list agricultural business
- 10:55 SNEAK PEEK: What’s in this week’s Derbyshire Times...?
- 10:55 Manchester United to pay Antoine Griezmann £216,000-a-week - report
- 10:55 Iraqi sheep, locals, environment suffer Islamic State oil fires
- 10:55 France's Macron to field candidates in all parliamentary...
- 10:55 May start for Peppermint Junction improvement work in Holbeach
- 10:55 An Edinburgh home that’s an oasis of tranquillity
- 10:54 Great news for Malt Kiln Farm Shop fans
- 10:54 Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola speaks out on Diego Costa crisis
- 10:53 Black cab and LandRover involved in dock road crash
- 10:52 Doncaster's Vulcan bomber to be put in storage, closed to public...
- 10:52 Overweight Nottinghamshire is becoming diabetic
- 10:52 Liverpool reject bid from Premier League rivals: This is why
- 10:51 Police operation to catch out shops serving alcohol to children in...
- 10:51 Transfer News LIVE: Arsenal done deal, Jesus joins Man City, Man...
- 10:50 Meet the mum who turned tragedy into helping other people
- 10:50 Nearly one in 10 secondary schools are under-performing - but...
- 10:48 VIDEO: Ovenden murder - residents speak of shock
- 10:48 Toddler died after being hit by mum’s car, inquest heard
- 10:48 County unveils plans for unitary authority
- 10:48 Wakefield secondary league tables in full: How does YOUR school rate?
- 10:48 Plan to demolish busy multi-storey car park
- 10:47 Did you see man assaulted in Chesterfield town centre?
- 10:47 Traffic stopped on M1 after serious collision
- 10:46 BHP Billiton and Vale set timeframe for Samarco mine claims
- 10:46 These are the 21 countries where Brit expats have the best lifestyle
- 10:46 Mainly dry but generally overcast
- 10:46 West Brom: All your transfer window questions answered
- 10:45 Newton Mearns showhome with international style
- 10:44 Diego Costa posts Instagram update after returning to Chelsea training