Cumbria cancer detection rates 'must improve'
Cumbria was found to be struggling to meet key performance targets for the disease in the new league table revealed by the Department of Health.
The county's clinical commissioning group - the body in charge of buying in health services on behalf of residents - is shown to be among a majority of areas across England that "require improvement" when it comes to the standard of care offered.
The league table shows key performance targets for spotting all types of the disease early are being missed - at 51.5 per cent, while 79.5 per cent of people begin treatment within 62 days of an... read more
- 06:21 Aberdeen star Peter Pawlett determined to earn new deal at Pittdorie
- 06:21 Dundee defender Darren O'Dea says manager Paul Hartley has put him...
- 06:21 Rangers interim boss Graeme Murty is coping well in Ibrox hotseat,...
- 06:21 Scotland star Richie Gray not worried about who is the captain...
- 06:21 Hibs boss Neil Lennon says rant following Raith Rovers draw proves...
- 06:21 Celtic striker Moussa Dembele could stay at Parkhead for four...
- 06:21 The makings of Moussa Dembele as his agent reveals all about the...
- 06:21 East Kilbride striker admits he defied gaffer's orders to seal win...
- 06:20 Bot out, Ukip tells Putin, as pro-Russia tweeters attack Paul Nuttall
- 06:20 Court ruling due on challenge to minimum income...
- 06:20 Shrewsbury boss fined £3,500 over danger hoverboards
- 06:19 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 06:18 'The EU will END' Terrified European chief fears Marine Le Pen...
- 06:15 Former Manchester United FC star criticises FOUR current players
- 06:15 Lancashire Police failing stress test
- 06:12 Thousands of tiny plastic 'nurdles' washed up on Hartlepool beach
- 06:12 Top sponsors for Sunderland students event
- 06:12 Camera helps catch Wearside flytipper
- 06:12 Sunderland paedophile snared by Dark Justice
- 06:11 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 06:11 Anthony Martial: Why my form was better under Louis van Gaal than...
- 06:10 Plans go in for Sikh temple in Kettering
- 06:10 Independent coffee chain set for expansion with new branches in...
- 06:10 Corby teacher named in top 10 in the world
- 06:10 Teen’s death leaves village in shock
- 06:10 Section of A61 in Chesterfield shut for hours due to 'incident'
- 06:08 WEATHER WARNING: Winds of up to 60mph to batter North West
- 06:08 Vandals cause bus disruption across city
- 06:08 Cycle track arrest of most wanted Morecambe man
- 06:08 Philippine minister doubtful of China row resolution 'during our...