Cumbria cancer detection rates 'must improve'
Cumbria was found to be struggling to meet key performance targets for the disease in the new league table revealed by the Department of Health.
The county's clinical commissioning group - the body in charge of buying in health services on behalf of residents - is shown to be among a majority of areas across England that "require improvement" when it comes to the standard of care offered.
The league table shows key performance targets for spotting all types of the disease early are being missed - at 51.5 per cent, while 79.5 per cent of people begin treatment within 62 days of an... read more
- 16:16 Babies remember their birth language - scientists
- 16:17 Body found in suitcase: Leicester neighbours describe horror at...
- 16:16 'Exceptional' NHS Wales winter pressure days
- 16:16 'Family man' jailed after sex offences from 40 years ago come to light
- 16:16 Huyton ferry chef who was link between city gangs and Netherlands...
- 16:16 UFC star Nate Diaz to obtain boxing licence just months after Conor...
- 16:16 Market Rasen Racecourse PICTURES from County Race Day
- 16:16 Credit Suisse contacted analysts ahead of fourth quarter - sources
- 16:16 Renault-Nissan electric car sales hit 400,000, CEO says in Davos
- 16:15 Woman Who Awards 2017 to celebrate leading ladies in business
- 16:15 14,000 new homes planned for Nuneaton and MORE traveller sites
- 16:15 Naked female cleaners wanted for £45 an hour jobs
- 16:15 Man City make Spurs star their top summer target but face...
- 16:15 Four bikes stolen from Leamington
- 16:13 Watch: Wish you were here? Take a look at the history of holidays
- 16:13 Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic can rule at Reds for...
- 16:13 Ukrainian MPs demand probe into former pilot Savchenko, allege treason
- 16:13 Delaying clamping the umbilical cord by just 3 MINUTES reduces the...
- 16:13 Gynecologist slams Gwyneth Paltrow's 'vagina eggs' as 'dangerous'...
- 16:13 Why Lancashire County Council may be watching you
- 16:12 Lost dolphins spotted heading towards Milton Keynes
- 16:11 Sam Ricketts backs Russell Slade to steer Coventry City clear of...
- 16:11 Chelsea want Karim Benzema: Real Madrid striker is No.1 target to...
- 16:11 Kenedy hits back at Flamengo claims after Diego Costa’s comment on...
- 16:10 Manchester United's run of televised FA Cup games moves onto 56...
- 16:10 GCHQ seeks teenage girls to join cyber security fight
- 16:10 Barcelona legend Rivaldo hangs out with Lionel Messi, Neymar and...
- 16:10 Football child abuse scandal: Number of claims tops 1,000
- 16:09 Berwick set to mark the 50th anniversary of ‘greatest day’
- 16:09 Proof needed of taxi drivers’ right to work