Cumbria boasts two top-ten eateries as voted by TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor's Travellers' Choice Restaurants awards 2016 has placed L'Enclume in Cartmel in tenth place in the UK Fine Dining category.
Based on an algorithm which takes into account quantity and quality of customer reviews, the results were chosen after a 12 month period of data collection.
Simon Rogan, Head Chef of L'Enclume describes his eatery as a "magical Cumbrian hideaway where passion and creativity showcase the finest home-grown, hand-picked ingredients and harness the powerful connection between food and nature."
The concept of his restaurant is simple, fresh, seasonal... read more
- 17:37 Police appeal after woman is injured in crash
- 17:37 Great Escape boss Ronnie Moore is open to Hartlepool United return
- 17:37 Police appeal for dashcam footage after woman injured as car...
- 17:37 Dream trip to African orphanage for Duddington woman
- 17:37 'Devastated' Paul Gascoigne pays tribute at funeral of his father...
- 17:36 Mavericks investigate claims franchise is hostile workplace for women
- 17:36 Castleford dismiss Zak Hardaker after failed drugs test
- 17:35 Why Liverpool will exploit Man Utd in Premier League battle - Steve...
- 17:35 Dramatic video captures moment BMW catches fire in Leeds
- 17:35 In pictures: the best Food and drink hot spots on the North Coast 500
- 17:35 Campaigners' anger as health chiefs vote to move hospital services...
- 17:34 New RSC show accidentally revealed
- 17:33 Northamptonshire air ambulance service celebrates landmark 30,000th...
- 17:33 Characterful development for historical Mansfield hall
- 17:33 Germany's SPD confirm a dog will NOT get a chance to decide Angela...
- 17:33 Northamptonshire Shared Lives service for vulnerable adults rated...
- 17:31 Mount Brexit threatens to blow as May calls cabinet to Chequers
- 17:31 Carlisle takeaway boss fined after peanut allergy customer ended up...
- 17:31 Cumbrian school evacuated following oven "malfunction"
- 17:31 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge put some of the final touches to...
- 17:30 Talyllyn Railway marks locomotives' 100th birthday
- 17:30 Great Yarmouth Charter Academy bans 'McDonald's' hairstyle
- 17:30 Eating your way to a healthier life
- 17:28 Twitter bot purge prompts backlash
- 17:28 The Wolves view on the Aston Villa powershift
- 17:28 This is what Aston Villa cult hero Moustapha Salifou is doing now
- 17:27 My best photograph: Mars rover Curiosity's shot of the hill she'll...
- 17:27 Eating your way to a healthier life
- 17:26 Climbing Kilimanjaro for teenager who died after leukaemia battle
- 17:25 Climbing Kilimanjaro for teenager who died after leukaemia battle