Cuba in need of aid after island battered by storm
CAMPAIGNERS in Britain have launched an appeal for aid for Cuba after Hurricane Matthew tore across the Caribbean island.
The category four hurricane devastated Haiti before it struck Cuba where it destroyed thousands of homes on the east of the island with winds of up to 135 milesan hour.
Towns particularly affected by the storm were Baracoa, Maisi, San Antonio del Sur and Imias.
In some villages it was reported that 90 per cent of the houses and buildings were damaged.
Cuba Solidarity Campaign (CSC) has launched the appeal. Director Rob Miller said: “Cuba is already suffering as a result... read more
- 14:52 Upmarket steakhouse set to open this week at Northampton's former...
- 14:52 City shamed as bigamy blackspot - after love rat dumped sick wife...
- 14:52 Cookery duo set to open Northampton pub after quarter of a million...
- 14:51 ‘Irritated’ dad denies murder
- 14:51 Liverpool, Tottenham, Manchester United and Manchester City go...
- 14:51 Meningitis: 10 warning signs students should look out
- 14:50 For British bank start-up, Brexit has silver lining - more loans
- 14:50 EU proposes common tax rules to close avoidance loopholes
- 14:50 Michael Gove admits Tory leadership 'mistakes'
- 14:50 Pioneering treatment offers new hope for Sunderland schoolboy Pascal
- 14:50 Euro 2016 and Premier League hat-tricks - What has happened to some...
- 14:49 Two Muslim preachers arrested at Ibizan party haven accused of...
- 14:49 MIGRANT CRISIS: Death toll in Mediterranean surpasses 3,700 this year
- 14:48 TV and film stuntman breaks world record
- 14:48 A day for democracy
- 14:48 Artist’s work helps Lancashire hospice
- 14:47 CCTV catches thieves taking beer from garage
- 14:47 Handbag snatched from car as woman waited at traffic lights
- 14:47 More love than hate? Marmite sales rocket after ‘Brexit’ row
- 14:46 Drunk brandished knife after row in pub
- 14:46 Nissan-Renault says open to partnerships to develop new car...
- 14:46 TV and film stuntman breaks world record
- 14:46 BlackBerry launches its third Android-based phone
- 14:46 Appeal for information on two asbestos fly tips
- 14:46 Watch as ceilidh cops jig in the street with Stornoway Mod revellers
- 14:46 Block paving set to go in Town centre!
- 14:46 New Northern Rail trains: This is what Teesside's trains could look...
- 14:46 This woman has spent over £20,000 to look like Barbie
- 14:45 Hull City club secretary Matt Wild resigns - and will join...
- 14:45 Man Booker 2016 winner to be announced