Crumbling Macron's 'assault on rights' BACKFIRES as protesters bring havoc to the streets
The newly-elected French President has come under fire for his labour law reform plans that would make it easier for companies to fire employees.
Hundreds of protesters marched together denouncing Macron's "assault on workers' rights" in the Parisian suburb of Jouy-en-Josas.
Speaking to RT, a demonstrator said: "Mr Macron represents the big bosses and those who want to cut public services, social protections and everything achieved by workers. I don’t agree with that at all."
The rally was organised by a group of trade unions led by the CGT, one of the most vocally... read more
- 13:12 Rare first edition Harry Potter worth £40,000 stolen
- 13:12 Police Academy director Hugh Wilson dies
- 13:12 MP raises issue of poor patient transport services
- 13:12 PICTURES: Busy Mansfield road closed after car hits pedestrian
- 13:11 ‘New California’ declares independence to become 51st US state
- 13:09 Sir Desmond Swayne 'embarrassed' by Commons snooze
- 13:09 MP raises issue of poor patient transport services
- 13:09 Quiz: How much of a Stormzy fan are you?
- 13:09 NHS 'haemorrhaging' nurses, experts say
- 13:09 Liverpool's Marko Grujic to join Cardiff on loan as Middlesbrough...
- 13:09 Floyd Mayweather rides a horse on the beach as boxing legend...
- 13:09 Businessman throws a lifeline to worried Carillion staff
- 13:09 Farewell to Ronaldinho, the first YouTube footballer: From...
- 13:08 Quiz: Could you pass Donald Trump's cognitive test?
- 13:08 Freedom of Hull given to city-born legendary actor Sir Tom Courtenay
- 13:07 More gales, rain and snow heading our way with Storm Georgina
- 13:07 Councillor to hear from constituents
- 13:07 Leeds United aim to rediscover their goal touch
- 13:07 Syrian refugees arrive in Leeds to be resettled across Yorkshire
- 13:07 MP raises issue of poor patient transport services
- 13:06 Alexis Sanchez Man Utd deal: Why Man City cooled interest in...
- 13:06 VIDEO: Watch gritters battling to keep North Yorkshire's highest...
- 13:06 Sharon inspires people to get out of debt
- 13:05 Man in hospital with serious injuries after being attacked in Runcorn
- 13:04 ‘Cynical’ decision by Derbyshire County Council to cut centre’s...
- 13:04 Former Facebook executive says the company is a 'living, breathing...
- 13:04 Businessman throws a lifeline to worried Carillion staff
- 13:04 East Midlands businesses invited to comment on Heathrow Airport...
- 13:04 Fears of an attack with weapons of mass destruction tops list of...
- 13:04 Road closed after man is seriously injured in collision with car