Crown Prosecution Service issues statement after Ched Evans cleared of rape
The Crown Prosecution Service has released a statement about Ched Evans following the former Sheffield United striker being cleared of rape.
Ched was acquitted of raping a 19-year-old woman in a hotel room in north Wales, after a two-week retrial.
This afternoon, the CPS, which is responsible for the administration of court cases, released a statement about the case.
Ed Beltrami, Chief Crown Prosecutor for CPS Wales said:
“We respect the decision of the jury today. This case hinged on the issue of sexual consent – that someone consents if they agree by choice and have the freedom and... read more
- 06:45 Man City won't be able to play their usual way because of this...
- 06:45 Liverpool at Christmas - a fantastic festive weekend break
- 06:44 Liverpool at Christmas - a fantastic festive weekend break
- 06:40 Chapecoense plane crash: Team's home town gathers for memorial service
- 06:38 MP John Bercow defends his taxpayer spend on clothing
- 06:35 Minibus licence loophole puts people at risk - LGA
- 06:33 OPEC to meet non-OPEC producers on Dec. 10 in Vienna - sources
- 06:33 Thieves swipe games from disabled children
- 06:32 Former Man City and Chelsea man: This is the most likely result at...
- 06:29 Another record-breaking year for Wellingborough’s Poppy Appeal
- 06:29 Historic Wollaston shoe firm to open first factory shop
- 06:29 Corby thief known to security guard as ‘DVD man’ must ‘buckle up’...
- 06:29 Leader comment: Talk of sea change in public opinion is fanciful
- 06:29 Future Fit: Call for delay over legal action in Shropshire A&E row
- 06:28 Derbyshire driver Keith Mees who was sending Facebook messages...
- 06:25 What's the best Christmas film of all time?
- 06:25 Hartlepool United’s players warned they must shape up or face being...
- 06:25 Police trying to trace Hartlepool man missing from home
- 06:25 Furious Rafa Benitez hits out at ‘clever’ Henri Lansbury after...
- 06:23 South Korean president Park Geun-Hye faces IMPEACHMENT vote...
- 06:22 Grieving Brazilian town receives bodies of soccer crash victims
- 06:19 Court dates for three men after hare coursing in Pode Hole
- 06:18 Pampering pays off for old pals
- 06:18 Sponsors highlight success of businesses in the county
- 06:12 Dever’s set for the Italian job
- 06:10 Pothole funding boost could be the answer to Burton road woes
- 06:10 WATCH: Flood-hit Occupation Lane in Woodville to be closed for two...
- 06:07 Council set to access more competitive water market
- 06:07 North Lincolnshire Council’s adult social care service among the...
- 05:59 Arsenal plot January raid on relegation-threatened West Ham for...