Cristiano Ronaldo: Man Utd legend Sir Alex Ferguson let players kick him - Tony Coton
Ronaldo signed for Manchester United in 2003 for around £12.2million from Sporting Lisbon.
The Portugal international was handed the coveted No. 7 shirt by Sir Alex at Old Trafford.
But the former United boss feared his tendency to hit the floor too easily would hinder his development.
As a result Ferguson allowed his players to hack at Cristiano Ronaldo during training and intentionally told his staff to turn a blind eye to his moaning when being given ‘tough love’ by the likes of Roy Keane and Rio Ferdinand.
Former Red Devils coach Cotton told the Daily Mail: “Ferguson showed what he... read more
- 15:04 Deal struck to gain Devil’s Toenail
- 15:03 Pornhub launches free VPN to let you browse vile darkside filth in...
- 15:03 Deal struck to gain Devil’s Toenail
- 15:01 Missing man last seen in Mansfield
- 14:59 Milnthorpe OAP had indecent photos of children
- 14:59 Driver faces sentence in June over M55 tragedy in which van driver...
- 15:00 Pupils have buried a time capsule in the grounds of Gainsborough’s...
- 14:59 OAP stole £36k from golf club
- 14:59 Couple branded monsters for killing French nanny over bizarre...
- 14:59 Arsenal news: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang delivers verdict on Unai Emery
- 14:58 Go with the flow: United Utilities' leak-finding sniffer dogs and...
- 14:58 Vibrant law firm one of fastest growing in North-West
- 14:57 'It can’t be true': Parma return to Serie A after three straight...
- 14:57 Trump pulls out of North Korea summit
- 14:56 Boys, 15, guilty of Columbine-style school shooting plot
- 14:56 OAP stole £36k from golf club
- 14:56 Society set for scenic spectacular
- 14:56 Donald Trump cancels historic summit with North Korean leader...
- 14:56 Camilla Parker Bowles reveals the Royal Family were worried over...
- 14:55 Champions League final: Liverpool stars snapped boarding plane to Kiev
- 14:55 TV Highlight AND TRAILER: Sir Anthony Hopkins is King Lear
- 14:54 Couple branded monsters for killing French nanny over bizarre...
- 14:54 Children had more chances under Thatcher than Sturgeon, claim
- 14:54 Louts drinking and climbing on roof at former school site
- 14:54 A proud day for Boulmer as base celebrates Freedom of the City
- 14:53 'Bad trip': air force members guarding nuclear missiles took LSD,...
- 14:53 Court finds Spain's ruling party benefited from bribery scheme
- 14:53 'I love you Mum': more tributes paid on day four of Grenfell inquiry
- 14:52 Vibrant law firm one of fastest growing in North-West
- 14:52 TV Choice AND TRAILER: Five of the best shows this week