Crisis-hit Scotrail network run to fund Dutch trains, firm admits
THE firm responsible for Scotland’s crisis-hit rail network have admitted our trains are run for the benefit of commuters in Holland.
Business documents penned by the parent company of the Dutch firm who operate ScotRail boast the contract is used to make healthy profits on “limited investment”.
The boss of Utrecht-based Nederlandse Spoorwegen (NS), who own ScotRail operators Abellio, says passengers in the Netherlands must benefit from the firm’s work overseas.
The claims are a bitter pill to swallow for Scotland’s commuters who are routinely hit with cancellations, long delays and... read more
- 11:17 Aston Villa explain the future of their matchday programme after...
- 11:17 Former Aston Villa star attacked in Magaluf bar and rushed to hospital
- 11:17 'About time' a woman presented Question Time, says Culture Secretary
- 11:17 Mansfield students sell own wears at market
- 11:16 Man charged with Kingsley murder appears at Northampton court
- 11:16 Rugby fans to get first glimpse of new 10,000 seater stadium
- 11:14 Puffins could be about to become extinct
- 11:14 Donald Trump ‘threw Starbursts at Angela Merkel’ during heated...
- 11:13 Seven free outdoor activities for children in Edinburgh and the...
- 11:12 Sergio Ramos hits back at Diego Maradona, Queiroz and Iran
- 11:12 Grieving woman blasts state of Newhall Cemetery after digger churns...
- 11:12 Hallelujah! Blackpool pupils are a class act
- 11:12 Are you set to lose WhatsApp because your phone's too old? These...
- 11:11 Revealed: Canada uses massive US anti-terrorist database at borders
- 11:11 Is it justifiable to harass those who enforce Trump's immigration...
- 11:11 Tesla sues former employee accused of stealing ‘gigabytes’ of data
- 11:10 Painted pebbles show talent
- 11:10 Competition: Win tickets to Burnley's Reel Cinema
- 11:10 Four nurseries at risk of closure as funding is 'cut to the bone'
- 11:10 Summer fete at Burnley school will boost fund for major...
- 11:10 Hull parents criticise school which ordered 'smart and tidy' kids...
- 11:09 Ofsted chief backs calls to ban mobile phones in schools
- 11:09 World Cup briefing: Germany urged to drop Mesut Ozil after Mexico...
- 11:09 Liverpool transfer news: Emre Can arrives in Turin for medical
- 11:08 Users of phones running on certain operating systems are set to...
- 11:08 Broxtowe MP receives death threats in a card
- 11:08 Man charged with murder after body found in grassland
- 11:06 SCHOOL DAYS: Balmoral County Secondary School
- 11:06 Man appears in court charged with attempting to murder two women...
- 11:06 Spearmint Rhino's licence renewed by councillors