Crippling bacteria infection sweeps Flint, Michigan, as residents are too scared to wash in lead-infected water
Flint, Michigan, has confirmed an outbreak of a highly infectious bacterial disease.
Dozens of residents have contracted shigellosis, a virus that causes bloody diarrhea, fever, and nausea. It is usually the result of poor hygiene.
It is the latest health crisis to hit the city two years after lead infected the water system, leaving scores of residents with potentially life-long side effects.
City health officials claim it is the direct result of residents being too scared to wash themselves with possibly contaminated water.
As with many bacterial infections, tests show all strains of... read more
- 21:46 Will bringing Cafe Dansant back be a good thing for our area? -...
- 21:46 Tributes pour in for much-loved mum-of-three who died on New Year's...
- 21:46 Bird flu confirmed at Lincolnshire turkey farm
- 21:46 Eight killed in attack on police checkpoint in Egypt's Western Desert
- 21:46 Labour MPs call on Jeremy Corbyn to give clearer message...
- 21:46 Former U.S. officials urge Trump to talk with Iranian MEK group
- 21:46 New Year nightclub attacker caught in Istanbul - Turkish media reports
- 21:46 Comp: Win a pair of tickets to Chelsea v Hull at Stamford Bridge on...
- 21:45 The Istanbul New Year’s Eve nightclub attacker ‘has been caught’
- 21:43 Istanbul Reina nightclub attacker 'captured'
- 21:42 Jamie Carragher identifies the area Chelsea can be exploited by...
- 21:40 Illegal angler fined for fishing without a licence
- 21:40 Tesco is recalling Butter Chicken product as it contains nuts
- 21:36 BREAKING: Turkish police capture New Year's eve ISIS nightclub gunman
- 21:34 Liverpool legend slams Manchester United for "lack of class" in Old...
- 21:34 Thierry Henry: Why Chelsea's 3-4-3 system is so effective
- 21:33 Ivory Coast police fire teargas to disperse protesting students
- 21:32 Pregnancy weight gain not linked to early death in adulthood
- 21:32 Gentler exercise ‘can be just as effective’ as intense activity
- 21:31 'Wicked' man, 78, jailed for historic sex offences against children...
- 21:31 Blue Monday: 17 reasons why Derby folk should be cheerful in 2017
- 21:26 Boy, 17, admits Birmingham taxi stone attack
- 21:24 Mark Carney: Household debt and consumer spending a key focus amid...
- 21:24 Man in court admits hiring a prostitute in Derbyshire
- 21:22 Chelsea close to agreeing major striker deal - Sky Sports reporter
- 21:22 Businesses throw support behind £1m action plan for Derby's St...
- 21:22 Your pictures of REALLY bad parking in Derbyshire
- 21:22 Blue Monday: Let comedians from Derby Theatre's sell-out shows...
- 21:22 Drink-driver crashed into Land Rover carrying baby in Derbyshire
- 21:21 Louis van Gaal set to retire from football for ‘family reasons’