Crippling bacteria infection sweeps Flint, Michigan, as residents are too scared to wash in lead-infected water
Flint, Michigan, has confirmed an outbreak of a highly infectious bacterial disease.
Dozens of residents have contracted shigellosis, a virus that causes bloody diarrhea, fever, and nausea. It is usually the result of poor hygiene.
It is the latest health crisis to hit the city two years after lead infected the water system, leaving scores of residents with potentially life-long side effects.
City health officials claim it is the direct result of residents being too scared to wash themselves with possibly contaminated water.
As with many bacterial infections, tests show all strains of... read more
- 08:02 How do street performers float? The levitating trick explained
- 08:02 Rare opportunity to buy Windermere lakeside plot and boat house
- 08:01 Middlesbrough slap £25m fee on Ben Gibson: Boro don’t want to sell,...
- 08:01 Sing a song for us Andrew Bridgen! North West Leicestershire MP...
- 08:01 Don't be tempted to swim in dangerous water - no matter how hot it...
- 08:01 Thousands of pets in the East Midlands at risk of deadly diseases
- 08:01 Homeless man stole deoderant to sell for food in Worksop
- 08:01 Morrisons introduces puppets into all stores to teach kids the...
- 08:01 15 things all surfers know to be true
- 08:01 International Sunglasses Day: What your sunglasses type says about you
- 08:00 Nikkei rises for 3rd day as weak yen supports; steel shares soar
- 08:00 Stada buyout falls short of shareholder acceptance target
- 07:58 Alexandre Lacazette transfer looks ideal for Arsenal, says...
- 07:58 PSG contact Fabinho as Manchester United talks drag on
- 07:58 Man who pushed boy off bike in Leamington park sought by police
- 07:57 Prince Charles trip on Royal Train cost taxpayers £46,000
- 07:57 Two bullies filmed attacking schoolgirl, 12, tracked down
- 07:57 Real Madrid Transfer News: Gareth Bale to snub interest from PSG...
- 07:57 Lionel Messi isn’t happy about Gerard Deulofeu Barcelona arrival -...
- 07:56 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 07:56 Derbyshire GP who blogged about her bipolar disorder committed suicide
- 07:55 Lions v Hurricanes LIVE updates: Can Joseph, North and co earn a...
- 07:55 Paper round-up: Liverpool’s £25m Oxlade-Chamberlain bid, Manchester...
- 07:54 Bradley Lowery's mum inundated with disrespectful messages asking...
- 07:54 UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on June 27
- 07:54 Did you see armed police in South Shields on Monday night? Here's...
- 07:53 Vehicles seized during car-cruising crackdown at M1 junction
- 07:53 Arrest made after two assaults involving same people
- 07:53 Help shape new council ward boundaries in Nottingham
- 07:53 Watch Donald Trump's most awkward handshake evolve into hug that...