Cricket: Buttler unable to inspire England to second victory
England captain Jos Buttler’s lone rally proved futile yesterday as opposite number Moshrafe Mortaza inspired Bangladesh to a series-levelling 35-run victory in the second one-day international at Dhaka.
The tourists made a woeful start to their pursuit of 239 for victory as they slumped to 26 for four in the 10th over, with Mortaza taking three wickets, having earlier contributed 44 off 29 deliveries to boost the Tigers’ total to 238 for eight.
Buttler’s run-a-ball 57 gave England a glimmer of hope but that was extinguished once he was seventh man out as his team folded to 204, with only... read more
- 10:36 April snow falling in parts of Scotland
- 10:36 Tribute paid to 'first voice' of Harrogate Hospital Radio
- 10:35 High Sheriff at St George’s Day lunch to unite communities in Skegness
- 10:35 Car gets stuck on bollard in police chase at Burgh le Marsh
- 10:35 Teacher arrested after ‘sex chats’ with 13-year-old pupil
- 10:35 Three taken to hospital after collision near Tamworth
- 10:35 USA, Mexico and Canada to negotiate new Nafta trade deal
- 10:35 Serious collision closes main road near Ripley
- 10:34 The truth is back out there - X-Files to return for 10-part series
- 10:34 Man’s desperate appeal: “I just need my arm back”
- 10:33 Does this mean Sergio Aguero is fit for Man City vs Manchester United?
- 10:33 Juan Mata confident of a Manchester United comeback for season finale
- 10:33 Work starts on new £3.8m visitor centre
- 10:33 The truth is back out there - X-Files to return for 10-part series
- 10:33 Brave female staff recall ‘frightening’ robbery at Post Office in...
- 10:33 Open and shut case for firm’s in-house move
- 10:33 Rangers star Clint Hill belts out Follow Follow with fans after...
- 10:32 Warwickshire Fire Service join water safety campaign after...
- 10:32 From 'Sandwich Artist' to 'Fearless Telephone Appointment Maker ' -...
- 10:32 Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero to wear custom new boots vs...
- 10:31 Broken down vehicle on northbound M6
- 10:31 UK consumer morale softens in first quarter on price worries -...
- 10:31 Woolworths COULD be returning to the high street soon - according...
- 10:31 Banks boost FTSE as French election ignites risk-on rally
- 10:31 The former Forest Mills lace factory could soon look like this
- 10:30 Police warning over increase in waste fires in Bispham
- 10:30 Aston Villa analysis: The game-changer, the rock, the star man and...
- 10:30 Sainsbury's shoppers can earn 10 TIMES more Nectar points over May...
- 10:30 West Brom academy teams 'victims of own success' this season
- 10:30 Maikel Kieftenbeld's rallying call as Birmingham City fight to...