Cricket: Anderson to miss Tests with injury
Test captain Cook without pace bowler for Bangladesh
ENGLAND captain Alastair Cook revealed yesterday, on the eve of the first Test against Bangladesh, that pace spearhead James Anderson’s injury woes will continue into the India series next month.
Anderson had already been ruled out of the two Tests against the Tigers due to a recurrence of a right shoulder injury and his ongoing rehabilitation will stop the 34-year-old from playing in next month’s opener against India in Rajkot.
The problem first flared up over the summer, with a stress fracture, which forced him to sit out the first Test... read more
- 18:28 T-Mobile seen as top target following AT&T-Time Warner deal
- 18:28 UK whisky lobby head steps down to help foreign minister with Brexit
- 18:28 Deal or no deal in Vienna, oil investors are preparing for higher...
- 18:28 Nottinghamshire's mental health crisis services slated in damning...
- 18:28 Uber's Otto hauls Budweiser across Colorado in self-driving truck
- 18:28 Italian bank Monte Paschi gambles on turnaround by year-end
- 18:28 Goldman, closer to Murdoch than Bugs Bunny, misses year's biggest deal
- 18:27 Positive thinking: Our pick of the latest self-help books
- 18:27 Woman’s body found in woodland
- 18:27 Major Cumbria route closed overnight for flood work
- 18:25 Samsung chip supplier AMS warns of customer setback, shares plunge
- 18:25 T-Mobile seen as top target following AT&T-Time Warner deal
- 18:25 15 firefighters attend incident in Lincoln's Ermine West
- 18:25 Renewable energy capacity overtakes coal
- 18:24 Eddie Jones to name England squad on Wednesday morning after...
- 18:24 Ronnie O'Sullivan through to last-16 of International Championship...
- 18:24 Stuart Broad set to wait for 100th Test cap as England consider...
- 18:24 England coach Trevor Bayliss predicts Ben Stokes can become one of...
- 18:24 Firefighters tackle blaze at city maisonette
- 18:24 Anthony Martial ditches supercar as he leaves Manchester United...
- 18:24 Liverpool vs Tottenham, EFL Cup LIVE: Plus Arsenal vs Reading and...
- 18:22 Parents of Deepcut soldier Cheryl James get human rights award for...
- 18:22 CALAIS 'JUNGLE' DEMOLITION: First shacks TORN DOWN as thousands of...
- 18:22 Firearms raid at Wrexham property sees man arrested
- 18:20 Russia says it extends moratorium on Aleppo air strikes
- 18:19 CCTV clue after two friends attacked after leaving The Ritz in...
- 18:19 Bodies found after Allerton house fire
- 18:18 DVD Reviews: Two Women and A Special Day
- 18:16 ‘Even though Daisy has gone, she will never be forgotten. She will...
- 18:15 Blitz on burglary suspects in Northumberland and North Tyneside