Creepy clown craze: McDonald's mascot to limit appearance
Fast food giant McDonald's says it is limiting public appearances of its clown mascot, Ronald McDonald, due to the ongoing "creepy clown" phenomenon.
Scary clowns were first reported in the US in August and have quickly spread to the UK, Australia and now Brazil.
The craze, in which people dress up in masks and scare members of the public, has received widespread attention with the help of social media.
McDonald's did not say how many of its clown's appearances would be cut.
Ronald McDonald has not commented on the move.
"McDonald's and franchisees in local markets are... read more
- 13:43 Just ONE injection of stem cells from a man's stomach could be a...
- 13:43 Yorkshire weather: Cloudy skies bring an end to our all-too-brief...
- 13:43 Man helped fearsome blackmailer stay on the run from police
- 13:43 Teen sustains horrific facial injuries after being jumped at...
- 13:43 EastEnders, Corrie, Emmerdale and Hollyoaks: 10 reasons this is the...
- 13:43 Linda Nolan is diagnosed with ‘incurable’ cancer as sister Coleen...
- 13:43 Residents assured rubbish dumped on Holme Lane will be cleared up
- 13:42 Brexit: Theresa May promises to build a ‘more united nation’
- 13:42 Search on for best talent in Daventry
- 13:42 Fun and flavour at Althorp Food and Drink Festival
- 13:42 What’s up choc? Warning as bunny falls ill from scoffing sweet treat
- 13:41 Atletico Madrid team-mate opens up on Antoine Griezmann to Man...
- 13:41 Liverpool clear favourites to beat Chelsea and Man United to Real...
- 13:41 Little Mix star Leigh-Anne Pinnock jumps into boyfriend Andre...
- 13:41 Coastguard paged to rescue dog
- 13:41 Drone that flies WITHOUT a human pilot has been given permission to...
- 13:41 Just ONE injection of stem cells from a man's stomach could be a...
- 13:41 Syria's Raqqa expected to join Kurdish-led federalism - Kurdish leader
- 13:40 Police 'concerned' over missing Scarborough teen
- 13:40 Millions of energy customers could roll back bills to 2008 prices
- 13:40 Soon babies could get 5 in 1 vaccination from birth
- 13:39 Yorkshire weather: Cloudy skies bring an end to our all-too-brief...
- 13:39 Video: Could you be the right person to help monitor cells at West...
- 13:39 Come and have a dance at the ceilidh
- 13:39 Mum’s the Word
- 13:38 Inquiry launched into 'unsustainable' nuclear decommissioning contract
- 13:38 Notorious Carlisle nuisance back behind bars
- 13:38 ‘I can’t accept it. It’s not right. It should never have happened.’
- 13:38 Volunteers recognised for helping vulnerable young families in Burton
- 13:37 St Joseph's Primary Academy gets colourful for Holi Festival