Creepy clown craze: How dangerous are clowns really?
It is the craze which is terrifying children and adults alike on both sides of the Atlantic, whether you like it or not.
Creepy clowns, lurking in dark corners, wielding the odd weapon, have closed schools, created mass panic and kept police officers in the US and UK busy.
If you saw one lurking outside your window, you'd have good reason to be terrified.
But just how dangerous are these red-nosed children's entertainers really?
Creepy clowns: Why do people find them so scary? Popular culture - from Batman's The Joker to Pennywise in Stephen King's It - certainly suggests the children's... read more
- 16:04 Lindley clock tower to be illuminated 115 years after it was built
- 16:04 Abandoned vehicle causing delays on M1
- 16:03 Naked female cleaners wanted to clean houses in Warwickshire...
- 16:03 Horncastle Town Council defends 20.42 per cent hike in tax bills
- 16:03 Ulverston Town Council gears up to bring in 20mph zone
- 16:03 Rhyl FC announce new young signing...and this one's only three days...
- 16:02 Chesterfield campaigners to build a ‘wall’ to mark Donald Trump’s...
- 16:02 Zimbabwe pastor in court over Mugabe death prophecy
- 16:02 Is YOUR job stressful? You're at higher risk of 5 forms of cancer...
- 16:02 Ambulances in Sweden can now block car radios: Trial system...
- 16:01 Manchester United’s Phil Jones explains success of Marcos...
- 16:01 Dad did the donkey work for our success
- 16:01 Derbyshire pharmaceuticals firm planning 'hundreds' of redundancies
- 16:01 You’re hired! Apprentices come to rescue of vandalised garden
- 16:00 Sick of people parking in front of your house? This is what the law...
- 16:00 Pupil’s business in frame
- 16:00 Body of missing woman found stuffed inside abandoned suitcase
- 16:00 20 reasons Barack Obama is the coolest US President of ALL time
- 16:00 Major Louth employer Luxus Ltd celebrates €1.4 million project
- 15:59 Lincolnshire ‘bucks the trend’ with latest employment figures
- 15:59 Ahead in the clouds – tech is reshaping the way we live
- 15:59 Seven unusual and idyllic cottages in Scotland
- 15:59 Sports partnership aims to break down barriers
- 15:59 Adlington pensioner, 81, almost cheated out of £2,500
- 15:59 Councillors’ plea to health bosses to ‘tell it like it is’
- 15:57 Bigger bill for key hospital as rates rise
- 15:57 Opera review: Written On Skin at the Royal Opera House
- 15:57 Ayr Rugby Club set sights on catching Melrose after clinching place...
- 15:56 Australian Open: Dan Evans hoping to put past demons behind him...
- 15:55 Liberty Global says Vodafone joint venture is not a deal blueprint