Credit Suisse places five employees on leave over tax probe
Credit Suisse (CSGN.S) has placed five employees on leave while it carries out an internal investigation related to tax matters, the Swiss bank said on Sunday.
Swiss newspaper SonntagsZeitung reported earlier the bank's action was in connection with a U.S. investigation into Credit Suisse's Israeli unit over possible tax evasion.
"Credit Suisse is carrying out an internal investigation relating to tax matters," the bank said in a statement. "The review is focusing on employee conduct."
Media reports first surfaced in June that the U.S. Department of Justice was... read more
- 06:24 Tesco puts US chain Fresh & Easy into bankruptcy
- 06:24 Secondary ticketing: how it works, the law, pitfalls and the future
- 06:22 Watch these LGBTQ flags become bulletproof in anti-violence protest
- 06:20 Guest Column: We must ensure the great British pub doesn’t die out
- 06:18 A right royal occasion at Horncastle Primary School
- 06:17 North End frontman Maguire gets a breather
- 06:16 Champions League final: Former Reds ace REFUSES to travel to Kiev...
- 06:16 Revving up for Motor Festival
- 06:15 Grand-daughter of Rushden-born author H E Bates calls for...
- 06:15 Headteacher’s pride at Ofsted report for Earls Barton school
- 06:15 NSPCC urges Northamptonshire families to give exam pupils ‘vital’...
- 06:15 Corby mum hopes ‘Wear It Purple’ Day will be biggest yet
- 06:14 Residents vent frustrations over crime and anti-social behaviour
- 06:14 Young people have chance to join police cadets
- 06:14 Music and beer festival returns to cricket club for fourth year
- 06:14 Arson attacks rise by more than a third in last two years
- 06:14 Pond weed affecting wildlife in Hartlepool park
- 06:14 Budding Hartlepool actors audition for new film set to be created...
- 06:14 Blackpool: From the courts 25-05-18
- 06:12 Guest Column: We must ensure the great British pub doesn’t die out
- 06:10 World War One Veterans' Association founder dies aged 91
- 06:10 Windrush citizens trapped in Jamaica criticise British officials
- 06:10 Windrush scandal: 'You don't need that passport, they said'
- 06:08 Unai Emery will NEVER win Arsenal the Premier League claims former...
- 06:04 Champions League final: Liverpool's road to Kiev - who did they...
- 06:04 Champions League final: Salah given Ronaldo and Messi challenge by...
- 06:04 VIDEO: A masterclass in the art of the summer barbecue
- 06:03 NSPCC urges Northamptonshire families to give exam pupils ‘vital’...
- 05:58 Indigenous children's removal on the rise 21 years after Bringing...
- 05:57 DAVID WOODS COLUMN: Who calls shots at Arsenal? Chelsea star should...