Credit Suisse agrees $110 million deal to settle Italy tax case: source
Credit Suisse CNGN.S has agreed in principle to pay about 100 million euros ($110 million) to settle its tax position in Italy in a case involving allegations it helped clients transfer undeclared funds offshore, a source with direct knowledge of the matter said on Tuesday.
The agreement has not been finalised and until it is, and the money paid, the criminal investigation cannot be wrapped up nor can a decision be taken on whether or not to order a trial, other sources said.
Credit Suisse declined to comment.
The inquiry involves allegations that up to 14 billion euros ($15 billion) was... read more
- 15:20 Nostalgia: Do you recognise these young Mablethorpe stars?
- 15:20 GALLERY: Oh baby, see these cute tots splash for cash
- 15:20 ‘Hero’ police officer sacked after unzipping his trousers in front...
- 15:20 Woman saved from being stabbed by armed robber by tray of Kinder eggs
- 15:19 Halloween launch for author’s latest DCI Ryan murder mystery
- 15:18 GALLERY: Oh baby, see these cute tots splash for cash
- 15:16 Chelsea news: Big claim about Tiemoue Bakayoko’s fitness following...
- 15:16 GALLERY: Oh baby, see these cute tots splash for cash
- 15:15 Man covered in glass rolled car upside down - but told police he...
- 15:13 Michy Batshuayi reveals Antonio Conte’s blunt instructions before...
- 15:13 Glasgow 18 Leinster 34: Warriors’ European hopes end overpowered by...
- 15:13 The Resistance Now: Democrats divided over party shakeup
- 15:12 Vital repairs to bog continuing in second phase
- 15:12 Chatton firm is featured in new Parliamentary Review
- 15:11 GALLERY: Oh baby, see these cute tots splash for cash
- 15:11 All about Autumn: This week's must-have clothes for cold weather
- 15:10 Police remind drivers to get insured as crackdown looks set to get...
- 15:09 Marshalls boosts earnings with £38m acquisition
- 15:08 Rangers have window of opportunity at Hampden but it could easily...
- 15:07 Pupils’ walk aids charities
- 15:07 Fire broke out under floor of Calderdale home
- 15:07 What Brummies are saying about new Scientology HQ in our city
- 15:07 Man quizzed by police after Everton fan holding child 'threw...
- 15:07 Nuneaton car stop leads to heroin seizure
- 15:06 Pupils’ walk aids charities
- 15:06 Windsurfer rescued after going out to sea at height of Storm Brian
- 15:03 Chelsea vs Watford: Michy Batshuayi set target by Redknapp after...
- 15:03 Police appeal for witnesses after 37-year-old dies in horror crash...
- 15:02 Christmas Jumper Day 2017 - when is it and where can I get the best...
- 15:02 Arsenal injury boost as three star men snapped back in training...