Craig Whyte Rangers trial needs extra time as court sets three months aside for marathon case
THE trial of former Rangers owner Craig Whyte is set to take three months - which would make it one of the longest trials in Scottish legal history.
The marathon three-month period was set aside today at the High Court in Glasgow and is pencilled in to start next April.
Whyte, 45, faces two charges - one of fraud and a second allegation under the Companies Act.
The first accusation claims Whyte obtained a “majority and controlling stake” in Rangers “by fraud”.
The charge dates between May 2010 and May 2011 listing various locations including Ibrox Stadium , Murray Park as well as “addresses... read more
- 14:54 Burnley park to host Bank Holiday family fun weekend
- 14:53 Manchester United willing to sell Anthony Martial but won’t allow...
- 14:53 St Helens remembers those killed in Manchester Arena attack
- 14:52 West Ham landing Manuel Pellegrini has the look of a managerial coup
- 14:51 Hat's the way to do it! Staff put their heads together for brain...
- 14:51 Mayor set to take control of the cops under next phase of...
- 14:51 Judges wowed by standard of acts entering Ripon's Got Talent
- 14:49 Why is there a Buckingham Palace garden party for Prince Charles’...
- 14:49 Police hunt Burnley town centre bike thief
- 14:49 Music in memory of baby son who was smiling right until the end
- 14:48 Council's cheap loan scheme will put Mansfield tenants on property...
- 14:47 Nine die as Tuticorin sterlite copper protest turns violent
- 14:46 Wife lied that baby had died to stop Army Sgt husband finding out...
- 14:46 Halfords sees clear road ahead after sales rise but sterling loss...
- 14:45 This is why former Defence Secretary Michael Portillo was filming...
- 14:45 Despite the anti-climax, a historic season for Scotland’s pro teams
- 14:44 Man who led MH370 flight search slams book claiming pilot...
- 14:44 New signed artwork by Bob Dylan goes on display at Lakes gallery
- 14:43 Focus on Gleadless Valley: What's happening?
- 14:43 Focus on Gleadless Valley: The heart of the community
- 14:43 New signed artwork by Bob Dylan goes on display at Lakes gallery
- 14:43 Focus on Gleadless Valley: What's the plan?
- 14:43 RNLI issues 'float' advice - as figures reveal number of deaths off...
- 14:42 Ken Livingstone caused distress to Jewish community in Leeds, says...
- 14:42 Roll-up to this year’s Melton Show and Festival in town’s Play Close
- 14:41 Tamworth FC: Fowler joined by Harris and Green in new set-up
- 14:41 Knife bin for surrendering weapons coming 'as soon as possible' to...
- 14:41 Brave Wigan man ran into the Manchester Arena to aid bombing victims
- 14:41 South Tyneside off-licence could lose licence
- 14:40 Police appeal after Burnley man goes missing