Craft beer revolution trickles down to South America
Think of Latin American alcohol and you are likely to think of wine and spirits.
Mexico has its tequila, Cuba has rum, Brazilians drink caipirinhas and in Peru they make pisco. In Chile and Argentina, the tipple of choice is often a cabernet sauvignon or a malbec.
You are less likely to think of craft beer.
But slowly, surely, the beer revolution that is so well established in northern Europe and North America is starting to trickle southwards.
Across Latin America, small breweries are opening up, offering alternatives to the mass-produced brands of lagers.
These emerging microbreweries... read more
- 13:32 Jobs at risk at uni due to ‘Brexit challenges’
- 13:32 Driving examiners to stage 48-hour strike on day new test is launched
- 13:29 Want to tweet? Just be careful!
- 13:32 Hospitals face predicted worst-ever A&E waiting times this winter
- 13:33 Money saving tips for families ahead of Black Friday
- 13:33 Here's how to get tickets to see Beauty and the Beast at the Derby...
- 13:29 Reaching for stars in astronomy GCSE
- 13:32 Dynamo cycling feature: Slow riding from Lancaster to Heysham
- 13:33 Government could hit smokers with second tax rise in a year, warn...
- 13:32 Lancaster girls’ school stands by single sex education
- 13:29 Celebrating 40 years of art
- 13:33 Asda are selling a 'smash cake' for just £13
- 13:32 Lancaster and Morecambe students sparkle for good cause
- 13:29 New image in hunt for alleged attackers
- 13:32 Staff on Virgin's West Coast line vote to strike in pay dispute
- 13:29 Blabbing secrets by accident
- 13:32 Behind the scenes at Audi's new design centre
- 13:29 Road closed after collision involving cyclist
- 13:29 These are the university courses that’ll make you rich - and those...
- 13:32 Money saving tips for families ahead of Black Friday
- 13:29 NATIONAL NEWS: Body found in search for missing teen Gaia Pope
- 13:32 What is ASMR and why is everyone obsessed with it?
- 13:32 Commuting time on the rise in the North West
- 13:29 Man arrested after plane crash lucky escape
- 13:32 Pair sought after Morecambe petrol station robbery
- 13:29 Let's get cracking to celebrate Lancashire Day
- 13:29 Cult leader Charles Manson has died
- 13:32 Morecambe nursery suffers break in
- 13:29 Historic Lancashire rail viaduct works scheduled for Christmas
- 13:32 Renewed appeal by police after woman injured in Morecambe...