Couple sue Royal Caribbean after falling ill with food poisoning and spending two days in quarantine during £2,000 Mediterranean cruise
A couple are suing a luxury cruise provider after food poisoning ruined their dream holiday - and the husband was forced to spend two days in quarantine.
Rachael and David Willcox, from Bristol, became seriously ill with gastric illness after dining at a fancy restaurant on their £2,000 cruise around the Mediterranean.
They suffered sickness, lethargy and explosive diarrhoea on the Rhapsody of the Seas ship - and David was so sick he was quarantined in their cabin for two days.
As other passengers explored Croatia and Montenegro, the unhappy couple slept in their room as medics gave David... read more
- 00:01 The parallels between Scottish nationalism and racism are clear
- 00:01 George Freeman’s dismissal of anxiety is pig-ignorance and must be...
- 00:01 The Guardian view on George W Bush: a welcome return
- 00:01 The Guardian view on disability benefits: head versus heart
- 00:01 The Guardian view on management consultants: the trick is confidence
- 00:01 Article 50 day won't be cut-off date for EU migrants, No 10 suggests
- 00:01 Sir Gerald Kaufman obituary
- 00:01 Peter Hain: hard Brexit puts Northern Ireland peace process at risk
- 00:01 Gerald Kaufman’s stellar PMQs moment
- 00:01 Better election results ahead for the Green party?
- 00:01 EU urged to end cooperation with Sudan after refugees whipped and...
- 00:01 Don't threaten to cut intelligence ties in Brexit talks, UK warned
- 00:01 BBC orders investigation into claims of aggressive TV licence...
- 00:01 Tributes paid to 'iconic' Labour MP Sir Gerald Kaufman
- 00:01 DUP braced to lose seats in Northern Ireland assembly elections
- 00:01 Chairman of housing association behind 'substandard' development...
- 00:01 Deported woman's family say Amber Rudd lacks compassion
- 00:01 May adviser regrets saying benefits should only go to 'really...
- 00:01 NHS data loss: 500 patients may have suffered serious harm
- 00:01 John Major attacks government over approach to Brexit
- 00:01 Clive Lewis denies registering websites for Labour leadership bid
- 23:59 George Thomason obituary
- 23:59 PPE is a degree that looks forward, not back
- 23:59 10 things teachers want to say to parents, but can't
- 23:59 No grammar schools, lots of play: the secrets of Europe’s top...
- 23:59 Parents: not happy about something at school? Here’s how to complain
- 23:59 Top 10 podcasts to help you learn a language
- 23:59 What's the point of school uniform?
- 23:59 Michael Palin: geography students hold the key to the world's problems
- 23:59 Free speech on Israel under attack in universities