Couple sue neighbours for ‘copying’ design of their £4.4million home
A couple sued their neighbours because they copied the design of their $5.8million (£4.4million) home.
Jason and Jodi Chapnik claimed a house about half-a-mile from their home in Forest Hill, Toronto, was newly renovated and made to look ‘strikingly similar’ to theirs.
They sought $1.5million in damages, $20,000 in statutory copyright damages and another $1million in punitive damages from Baraba Ann Kirshenblatt and her husband Eric for copyright infringement.
They also wanted a mandatory injunction for the defendant to change their home.
In the joint lawsuit, the couple also name... read more
- 01:15 Johnny Sexton hails Ireland’s ‘incredible’ defence under Andy Farrell
- 01:14 WWE news: Chris Jericho makes HUGE prediction about Ronda Rousey...
- 01:14 Juan Martin del Potro: What REALLY happened with angry umpire clash...
- 01:09 How to play cross-platform on Fortnite
- 01:08 Ant McPartlin arrested after 'drink-drive crash' as three-year-old...
- 01:03 Kim Jong-un has committed to denuclearisation, says South Korea
- 00:59 On the road: History beckons for Accrington Stanley... club...
- 00:50 Packaging entrepreneur vows to ‘change the history of plastic use’
- 00:47 Almost half of women in politics have faced abuse or violence
- 00:45 League Two verdict: Coventry make a late push for promotion while...
- 00:45 Championship verdict: Garry Monk takes step forward at Birmingham...
- 00:45 League One verdict: Dan Micciche's plan finally coming together as...
- 00:41 College staff honoured at star-studded ceremony
- 00:39 Why the gambling industry faces an uncertain future
- 00:39 How Red Driving School steered away from a crisis
- 00:39 Call for stricter rules on doorstep loans
- 00:39 UK growth forecast raised by British Chambers of Commerce
- 00:36 Roger Federer losing to Juan Martin del Potro is actually bad news...
- 00:36 Indian Wells: Juan Martin del Potro makes heartfelt tribute after...
- 00:35 Blood, sweat and protests: on the rodeo trail in New Zealand
- 00:30 Victoria Beckham boxes in jeans because of course she does
- 00:29 Marseille 2-3 Lyon: Memphis Depay scores winner in frantic match...
- 00:29 Kilmarnock boss Steve Clarke would be a great fit for Rangers (and...
- 00:25 Prime Minister visits Birmingham today as Government launches £90...
- 00:25 Famous Roadhouse music club in Kings Norton on fire
- 00:25 Missing schoolboy Shane Pinder turns up safe and well
- 00:24 Castleford face fixture crisis as freezing conditions hit Super League
- 00:21 High-interest 'doorstep loans' need to be regulated says charity
- 00:21 Australia bushfire: Dozens of buildings feared lost in Tathra
- 00:21 Cancer Research bans unpaid internships to preserve public's trust