Couple celebrate 60 years of happiness
Joyce and Owen Fitzsimmons, of Azalea Walk, Barrow, met through through their love of swimming at the Barrow Amateur Swimming Club.
Now six decades later the couple are still as happy as they were as newlyweds.
Mrs Fitzsimmons, 80, said: "If you get a good partner, that's everything."
Shortly after the couple married on September 29, 1956, at St Patrick's Church, Mr Fitzsimmons went to sea for five years, completing his national service in the merchant navy.
Mrs Fitzsimmons said: "After he came back, we then bought our first house."
Born and bred in Barrow, the couple... read more
- 13:14 Yorkshire Tea teapots recalled after reports of 'breaking'
- 13:13 London ranked seventh worst city in the world for traffic jams
- 13:13 Man flees with dog as severe fire rips through Staffordshire house
- 13:13 Ben Stokes sets record price for an overseas player in IPL
- 13:13 Do Not Disturb: Macdonald Resort, Aviemore
- 13:12 Trump defends himself over SWEDEN terror claims and cites Fox News...
- 13:12 Man taken to hospital after attack on Chestnut Street in Deighton
- 13:12 In the courts of Lincolnshire...
- 13:11 "Wrexham AFC are a good side, we had to keep ourselves in the game"
- 13:10 Why it is now harder to illegally stream football and movies
- 13:10 Undercover police sting snared 'predatory' man trying to incite...
- 13:09 How can we alter farming practices in upland Wales to ensure its...
- 13:09 ‘Homeless’ begging gang pictured getting out of car together before...
- 13:09 VIDEO: Notts protesters try to stop council tree cull
- 13:09 Paedophile David Sutton smuggles blade into Hull court dock on...
- 13:09 Arson investigation after elderly man's mobility scooter set-alight
- 13:08 Joey Essex just swore live on This Morning – because of a ‘f**king...
- 13:08 Lucas Perez wants to leave Arsenal ‘at any cost’, confirms...
- 13:08 £117k youth club windfall
- 13:08 New chief commits to action plan on rural crime
- 13:07 Footage shows scuffles outside ground as Mansfield Town lose at...
- 13:07 Roe v Wade: plaintiff's death highlights weakening of abortion...
- 13:07 NHS trusts overspent by nearly £900m
- 13:06 Police probe 100-man brawl in city centre
- 13:06 Can you help this mother find her late son's lost artworks?
- 13:06 Is former Birmingham City hero Paul Caddis about to find a new club?
- 13:05 LETTER: Beakers were not just limited to Batley!
- 13:05 Shigellosis: Everything you need to know about this highly...
- 13:05 Fizzy drinks spark liver disease warning
- 13:05 Particles from outer space ‘wreaking low-grade havoc on mobile...