Couple admit funding Islamic State fighter nephew
A married couple from London have admitted providing funding for their nephew who was fighting in Syria with militants from the Islamic State group.
Mohammed and Nazimabee Golamaully, from Mitcham, pleaded guilty at the Old Bailey to transferring £219, knowing it may be used for terrorist purposes.
The court heard that Zafirr Golamaully travelled from his home on the Indian Ocean island Mauritius to join IS.
His uncle and aunt will be sentenced in November.
The court heard that they had not told Zafirr's parents and that their money transfer was discovered during a police investigation into... read more
- 08:03 Gang of youths attack two people in Barrow street
- 08:03 Ryanair reports soaring profits but warns of headwinds
- 08:02 Retired guide dog is ticking off everything on his bucket list...
- 07:57 Ebola outbreak: Experimental vaccinations to begin in DR Congo
- 07:57 Delays and cancellations on Northern trains
- 07:55 Just a week until Rothwell’s Proclamation Day
- 07:55 Chelsea’s rebuild: Hazard and Courtois to follow Conte out of the...
- 07:53 Vehicles must now pass tougher and updated MOT
- 07:53 Second day of travel chaos as four million trains rescheduled
- 07:52 ‘Shocked’ Blackpool nan finds pony in backyard
- 07:49 Super gonorrhea is infecting people worldwide and ‘could...
- 07:49 Man Utd star Phil Jones ‘needs a doctor’: Star slammed for display...
- 07:47 Premier Inn work to start this summer
- 07:46 Cast of the Customs House show Mt Uncle Freddie visit Beamish for...
- 07:43 Delays and cancellations on Northern trains
- 07:43 Work starts on £7.5million specialist dementia care home
- 07:41 Billboard Awards 2018: Ed Sheeran wins big and Avicii tributes
- 07:41 Help is out there for Sunderland dementia sufferers thanks to new...
- 07:40 Inga Maria Hauser murder: Two men arrested in Loughguile
- 07:40 Under-threat community hub raises nearly £30,000 in a month
- 07:40 A shot in the dark
- 07:40 Alarm at how services run increases yearly
- 07:40 Fire ravaged Ovenden Hotel to be demolished for housing development
- 07:40 Change of name
- 07:40 Ever seen a badger pole dance? We have
- 07:40 Car stolen from Sheffield after seller advertised it on Facebook
- 07:39 Blackpool nurse helps reduce A&E visits from a group of ‘frequent...
- 07:39 Delays and cancellations on Northern trains
- 07:39 ‘Shocked’ Blackpool nan finds pony in backyard
- 07:39 Liverpool news: Jordan Henderson reveals he REFUSED transfer