Couple admit funding Islamic State fighter nephew
A married couple from London have admitted providing funding for their nephew who was fighting in Syria with militants from the Islamic State group.
Mohammed and Nazimabee Golamaully, from Mitcham, pleaded guilty at the Old Bailey to transferring £219, knowing it may be used for terrorist purposes.
The court heard that Zafirr Golamaully travelled from his home on the Indian Ocean island Mauritius to join IS.
His uncle and aunt will be sentenced in November.
The court heard that they had not told Zafirr's parents and that their money transfer was discovered during a police investigation into... read more
- 06:52 Should drivers give way to cyclists when turning left?
- 06:51 EXCLUSIVE: This is the secret behind Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s...
- 06:50 Justice secretary praises our campaign calling for tougher...
- 06:50 The spirit of Christmas past
- 06:49 Blundering thief told cops: 'You are after me, I have robbed...
- 06:49 Revealed: 5 new shops planned in Morrisons Festival Park expansion
- 06:49 Family's 'lucky escape' after van torched by arsonists narrowly...
- 06:49 Christmas comes early for 18,492 Stoke-on-Trent City Council...
- 06:49 Caught on camera: Picture released of 'Stoke-on-Trent's most...
- 06:46 Crowe resigns as Brig manager
- 06:38 Solomon Islands rocked by another major earthquake
- 06:38 After impeachment, South Korea prime minister urges calm, vigilance
- 06:30 Justice secretary praises our campaign calling for tougher...
- 06:29 £25 million green resort plan for Doncaster
- 06:28 Final piece of town vision is complete
- 06:21 Woman falsely claimed £46k benefits by saying she was single mother
- 06:21 When should parents tell their children the truth about Santa Claus?
- 06:20 '400 kill themselves' after release from police custody
- 06:15 Patients failing to attend hospital appointments in Derby are...
- 06:13 No objection to removal of payphones in Skegness
- 06:11 Wellingborough mum backs £3m children’s hospital appeal
- 06:11 Wellingborough medical staff to walk for wounded veterans charity
- 06:11 Elderly couple threatened with screwdrivers during break-in at...
- 06:11 Health experts urge people in Northamptonshire to order repeat...
- 06:08 Play swings removed after safety inspection
- 06:08 Leader comment: Railway policing on right track
- 06:08 Leader comment: All victims of abuse must have equal justice
- 06:05 Traders' parking headache after section of High Street is newly...
- 06:02 Daventry housing group works with charity to help those with mental...
- 05:59 Russia 'intervened to promote Trump' - US intelligence