County says no to new grammar schools
New grammar schools have been officially opposed by county councillors after they debated the idea in a meeting last week.
Warwickshire County Council voted to pass the Labour-led motion by 28 votes to 25. The majority of opponents to the motion came from the Conservatives, who were more supportive of the Government’s plan to create new grammar schools.
After the meeting, Cllr Matt Western (Lab, Leamington Willes) said: “Warwickshire is proud of its existing good schools and we argue that any additional grammar schools would be to the detriment of the current schools network.
“This is not... read more
- 13:50 Sex toys delivered to school
- 13:50 Four days of strike action announced by Northern rail workers in...
- 13:49 TSB customers share their experiences of IT crisis
- 13:49 Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid TV channel: How to watch Champions...
- 13:48 Is this America's most bizarre property? Inside the wacky 'whale...
- 13:48 Novak Djokovic OUT of the Barcelona Open after shock defeat to...
- 13:47 Verdict in trial of teenager accused of murdering boy, 17, in...
- 13:47 Summer education courses launched
- 13:47 Berwick hospital plans to be discussed at public meeting
- 13:45 The key to a long life isn’t money or genetics – it’s...
- 13:45 Tigers player “assisting police”, club confirms
- 13:44 Brexit Bill: David Davis hopeful of late deal with Holyrood
- 13:44 Students ‘shouted “My turn, my turn” as they gang-raped drunk girl...
- 13:44 ‘Skynet’ AI could launch nuclear apocalypse which will wipe out...
- 13:44 Chorley Costcutter turns a corner with new four-star food hygiene...
- 13:43 Go off air! Go Compare's Bill Monster advert can only be shown at...
- 13:42 World of Sport Wrestling to return to British TV screens
- 13:40 PMQs sketch: Fuming Yvette Cooper takes May to task over Windrush...
- 13:40 Plea to find thugs who shot a goose through the head with a crossbow
- 13:40 Arsene Wenger hints he was SACKED by Arsenal in mega revelation
- 13:40 Bomb squad drama: Police deny fire was rigged to hide removal of...
- 13:37 Jeremy Corbyn calls for Amber Rudd to resign over Windrush scandal
- 13:37 Arsene Wenger reveals timing of his exit after 22 years at Arsenal...
- 13:36 Ramsbottom schoolgirl wins national table tennis title
- 13:36 Do you know where missing boy from Wellingborough is?
- 13:35 Mum furious after pub tells her to 'control children or leave'
- 13:35 Man paid someone £500 to split his tongue in two
- 13:34 Mill Fields builds on its sales team with new hire
- 13:33 Man Utd star Alexis Sanchez takes stunning swipe at Arsenal
- 13:32 Prince William just dropped a huge hint over the royal baby name