County Hall defends Government's flagship Troubled Families scheme after claims it does not work
A think tank has said a flagship Government scheme has had 'no significant impact' in improving the lives of families affected by long-term joblessness, truancy and anti-social behaviour.
Leicestershire County Council has championed the Troubled Families scheme since 2011 and won the praise of ministers but now its effectiveness has been called into question.
Research by the National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) found no consistent evidence that the scheme - which sought to tackle often interlinked problems such as addiction, absence from school - had improved the lives... read more
- 14:59 New United Airlines row as GIANT Birmingham bunny dies on flight to...
- 14:59 India, Afghanistan gave help to Pakistani Taliban, says group's...
- 14:59 Urgent warnings issued over social media 'suicide game'
- 14:59 Market Hall gigs will not be happening
- 14:59 The three new Cadbury bars every chocoholic needs to know about
- 14:58 RICS to relocate team to Birmingham
- 14:58 HS2 regen chief quits to take up new role in London
- 14:57 Snow and hail hit London just three weeks after hottest day of...
- 14:57 Two years jail for Carlisle man who contacted boy, 7
- 14:57 VIDEO: Firefighters continue to deal with one of Cumbria's biggest...
- 14:57 From Sardinia to South Yorkshire: Former Doncaster man pens first book
- 14:56 All set to serve up on the seafront
- 14:55 Adidas are launching a range of UltraBoost trainers made from...
- 14:55 Footage of Barrow man ramming pensioner on motorway to feature on...
- 14:55 Alice Ruggles murder trial: Trimaan Dhillon to be sentenced for...
- 14:54 New fight over land-locked ‘scrubland’
- 14:54 Tributes flood in for former Pock mayor
- 14:54 Ben pulls his socks up with six marathons in six days for charity
- 14:53 Manford back at Lowther
- 14:52 Manchester United give Paul Pogba and Antonio Valencia injury updates
- 14:51 Wladimir Klitschko responds to question about retirement if he...
- 14:51 Newcastle United ground raided by HMRC over investigation into...
- 14:51 France election: Macron heckled by pro-Le Pen workers
- 14:51 Jose Mourinho delivers injury update on Paul Pogba ahead of Man...
- 14:51 Flintshire farming family faces losing land again - for the SEVENTH...
- 14:51 More details of Tour of Britain route in Northumberland unveiled
- 14:51 Ex-Lib Dem MP David Ward sacked as candidate
- 14:49 Wrexham AFC forward Paul Rutherford set to sign new deal
- 14:49 Canon raises annual profit outlook on Toshiba medical unit acquisition
- 14:48 Letters - April 24, 2017