County council play down A59 Kex Gill fears after Blubberhouses landslip
The county council have dismissed fears that this morning's landslip on the A59 at Blubberhouses was connected to the Kex Gill problems experienced earlier this year.
Traffic began building up this morning (Tuesday, October 18) following the landslip with soil and small boulders on the road near Kex Gill.
Motorists were advised to find an alternative route, sparking fears that the landslip would cause problems similar to the seven-week closure of the A59 in January.
However, the county council confirmed this morning's incident was only a "minor issue" and took place around 400m... read more
- 10:02 Kenwick Park GC to hold Ashton Turner weekend for new tour...
- 10:02 Donald Trump's inauguration: Here's everything you need to know
- 10:01 Divock Origi urges Liverpool team-mates to concentrate on...
- 10:01 Man arrested following armed robberies
- 10:01 I’ll unify America, pledges Trump... but the protests have already...
- 10:01 Man dies after serious crash
- 10:00 Charity on the lookout for help
- 10:00 Retail sales fall 1.9% in December
- 10:00 You should report passengers who watch porn on public transport,...
- 09:59 Sheffield teacher named as Yorkshire’s ‘souper star’
- 09:59 Nottinghamshire farmer plants 'edible woodland'
- 09:59 College plans to take on former deeds building
- 09:58 Funeral of Daniel McMullen takes place in Workington today
- 09:58 Hospital faces rise in business rates
- 09:58 Man caught on CCTV stealing meat worth £60 from Leeds Road Co-op
- 09:57 Overturned car in serious accident near Tamworth
- 09:57 Two patients treated after collision near West Midlands Water Ski...
- 09:57 Husband of Kulwinder Kaur charged with her murder
- 09:56 Lancaster cafe owner denies owing ex-staff wages
- 09:57 Aston Villa and Jordan Rhodes: We tried our best - Steve Bruce
- 09:56 City becomes national LGBT hub
- 09:56 Sheffield man jailed after turning 'ceramic bong' shaped like...
- 09:56 A new era for your favourite local newspapers
- 09:56 Dan Evans reaches fourth round of a Grand Slam for first time after...
- 09:56 Jealous husband stabbed wife to death because she talked to...
- 09:56 City News: Halfords' happy Christmas, furniture-makers fined and a...
- 09:56 U.S. consortium reveals failed bid for Nottingham Forest
- 09:56 Hospitals issue safety alerts
- 09:56 Manchester United could do with a miracle but it's Man City who...
- 09:56 Uber to pay $20 million to settle U.S. claims it misled drivers