Counterfeit drugs: 'People are dying every day'
Imagine seeing your child suffering from malaria, one of the biggest killers of children across the world. Symptoms include high fever, sweating, vomiting and convulsions.
But it's OK, you think, because you bought medicine to combat the disease from a local drugs market.
Now imagine what it must be like to see your child die nonetheless because the drugs you bought were fake.
That is the brutal reality of the multi-billion dollar a year global trade in counterfeit drugs.
More than 120,000 people a year die in Africa as a result of fake anti-malarial drugs alone, says the World Health... read more
- 17:37 Great Escape boss Ronnie Moore is open to Hartlepool United return
- 17:37 Police appeal for dashcam footage after woman injured as car...
- 17:37 Dream trip to African orphanage for Duddington woman
- 17:37 'Devastated' Paul Gascoigne pays tribute at funeral of his father...
- 17:36 Mavericks investigate claims franchise is hostile workplace for women
- 17:36 Castleford dismiss Zak Hardaker after failed drugs test
- 17:35 Why Liverpool will exploit Man Utd in Premier League battle - Steve...
- 17:35 Dramatic video captures moment BMW catches fire in Leeds
- 17:35 In pictures: the best Food and drink hot spots on the North Coast 500
- 17:35 Campaigners' anger as health chiefs vote to move hospital services...
- 17:34 New RSC show accidentally revealed
- 17:33 Northamptonshire air ambulance service celebrates landmark 30,000th...
- 17:33 Characterful development for historical Mansfield hall
- 17:33 Germany's SPD confirm a dog will NOT get a chance to decide Angela...
- 17:33 Northamptonshire Shared Lives service for vulnerable adults rated...
- 17:31 Mount Brexit threatens to blow as May calls cabinet to Chequers
- 17:31 Carlisle takeaway boss fined after peanut allergy customer ended up...
- 17:31 Cumbrian school evacuated following oven "malfunction"
- 17:31 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge put some of the final touches to...
- 17:30 Talyllyn Railway marks locomotives' 100th birthday
- 17:30 Great Yarmouth Charter Academy bans 'McDonald's' hairstyle
- 17:30 Eating your way to a healthier life
- 17:28 Twitter bot purge prompts backlash
- 17:28 The Wolves view on the Aston Villa powershift
- 17:28 This is what Aston Villa cult hero Moustapha Salifou is doing now
- 17:27 My best photograph: Mars rover Curiosity's shot of the hill she'll...
- 17:27 Eating your way to a healthier life
- 17:26 Climbing Kilimanjaro for teenager who died after leukaemia battle
- 17:25 Climbing Kilimanjaro for teenager who died after leukaemia battle
- 17:24 Kate Middleton shows off her bump at BAFTAs 2018 in plunging green...