Councils pay out nearly £2 million over pothole damage to cars
UK drivers lodged more than 31,000 claims for pothole damage to their cars last year, costing councils nearly £2 million in payouts, according to the RAC Foundation.
The latest statistics from the motor body revealed that the number of people lodging claims against councils in 2015-16 rose by nine per cent on the previous year, with the average claim worth £432.
A total of 31,483 claims were made against the 204 local authorities who responded to the RAC Foundation’s request for data.
That equates to one claim every 17 minutes in 2015-16.
However, councils paid out in just over a quarter of... read more
- 14:00 Italy avalanche: Incredible footage shows moment young boy is...
- 13:59 David Haye creates new promotion company Hayemaker Ringstar in...
- 13:59 Diego Costa is available to play against Hull on Sunday... and he...
- 13:58 Man in court accused of attempted murder of police officer
- 13:58 Appeal lodged following Carlisle pub assault
- 13:58 REVEALED: Derbyshire schools GCSE performance tables
- 13:58 Rangers star Barrie McKay should jump at the chance to move to...
- 13:57 Police want to trace this Tuebrook man as part of attack probe
- 13:57 FC Stratford boss Poulson rues poor decision-making
- 13:57 Wirksworth joins ‘Bridges not Walls’ banner drop as Donald Trump...
- 13:57 QUICK QUIZ: This week’s news in questions
- 13:56 Builder, 34, has jail term slashed after attack on Andy Bemrose
- 13:56 JAILED: Depraved man who attempted to rape young girl filmed his...
- 13:56 Driver suspected of killing four in Melbourne crash ‘was out on bail’
- 13:56 Top 10 most complained about adverts of 2016
- 13:56 Gainsborough man who stole £978 in cash dodges jail sentence
- 13:55 Pokemon Go NEWS: Next BIG Niantic event update will SURPRISE you
- 13:55 Man in court accused of attempted murder of police officer
- 13:55 Sunderland have fewest goalscorers in Europe's top five leagues...
- 13:54 US STOCKS-Wall St set to rise ahead of Trump inauguration
- 13:54 Festive period busiest on record for region’s NHS
- 13:53 We tried masturbating at work for a week and this is what happened
- 13:53 Arsenal legend Ian Wright drops Chelsea transfer bombshell
- 13:53 Antonio Conte provides huge update on Chelsea striker Diego Costa
- 13:53 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte confirms transfer bid
- 13:53 Koeman's message for Everton FC ahead of Palace trip
- 13:52 Man with colossal half-a-metre penis that reaches his knee insists...
- 13:52 Roll on spring, say frustrated Preston drivers
- 13:50 Arrests made over theft of South Yorkshire band's van, instruments...
- 13:50 Liverpool set to welcome back Jordan Henderson and Nathaniel Clyne...