Councils pay out nearly £2 million over pothole damage to cars
0 Have your say UK drivers lodged more than 31,000 claims for pothole damage to their cars last year, costing councils nearly £2 million in payouts, according to the RAC Foundation.
The latest statistics from the motor body revealed that the number of people lodging claims against councils in 2015-16 rose by nine per cent on the previous year, with the average claim worth £432.
A total of 31,483 claims were made against the 204 local authorities who responded to the RAC Foundation’s request for data.
That equates to one claim every 17 minutes in 2015-16.
However, councils paid out in just... read more
- 12:19 More support for victims of domestic abuse in Derbyshire
- 12:19 Sinister online bullying craze sweeps UK classrooms - everything...
- 12:19 Everton FC linked with striking reinforcements
- 12:19 Sir Alex Ferguson says modern day players not prepared to be managers
- 12:19 Police appeal after man attacked in car near Nont Sarah's pub
- 12:18 The clocks are set to change - and this is how to get your kids to...
- 12:18 Flight laptop ban: How it affects passengers and all you need to know
- 12:18 London terrorist attack: Look inside the Birmingham flat raided by...
- 12:18 Work to improve two Kenilworth parks set to start soon
- 12:18 Fire under Warwick canal bridge
- 12:17 Stage is set for Burgham International Trials
- 12:17 Senior officers consider more armed police patrols on...
- 12:17 Northumberland girls to the fore in National Championships
- 12:17 London attack: Reaction from North-East politicians
- 12:16 Delays in Garstang following crash
- 12:15 Men's fashion business Eighty Eight Store looking to open new...
- 12:15 New tax rules set to hit thousands of public sector contract...
- 12:14 Valerie Surgenor: The impact of privacy rule changes
- 12:14 Jobs lost as Carlisle city shop set to close
- 12:14 Police investigate after driver accused of indecent exposure to...
- 12:13 Baby Connor McCue diagnosed with cerebral palsy - months after...
- 12:13 VIDEO: Seagulls take advantage of discarded rubbish on bin day in...
- 12:13 Developer wants to build 120 new homes in Buxton
- 12:13 Brexit: What is Article 50 and when will it be triggered? A guide...
- 12:12 Birmingham sky bars - what we have and what's coming
- 12:12 Classy Aston Villa ticket gesture for Reading fans
- 12:12 West Midlands Mayor candidate: I'll be Coventry City peacemaker
- 12:12 Jonas Olsson leaves West Brom: 952 words from the heart
- 12:12 Farewell Jonas Olsson: This is how West Brom's bosses have said...
- 12:12 Thousands raised in memory of policeman Keith Palmer killed in...