Councils pay out nearly £2 million over pothole damage to cars
0 Have your say UK drivers lodged more than 31,000 claims for pothole damage to their cars last year, costing councils nearly £2 million in payouts, according to the RAC Foundation.
The latest statistics from the motor body revealed that the number of people lodging claims against councils in 2015-16 rose by nine per cent on the previous year, with the average claim worth £432.
A total of 31,483 claims were made against the 204 local authorities who responded to the RAC Foundation’s request for data.
That equates to one claim every 17 minutes in 2015-16.
However, councils paid out in just... read more
- 00:24 US weighs plans to curb Chinese investment
- 00:24 'I found my call in life at that airport'
- 00:24 UK's clean car goal 'not ambitious enough'
- 00:24 Banking by mobile app 'to overtake online by 2019'
- 00:24 Motability boss's pay 'unacceptable' say MP committees
- 00:23 Pepe's story: How I survived Spanish flu
- 00:20 Blackpool nurse helps reduce A&E visits from a group of ‘frequent...
- 00:18 Health services overloaded despite support pledges, claims report
- 00:14 Sudoku 4065 easy
- 00:14 Minor drug users 'should not be charged'
- 00:06 Blackpool nurse helps reduce A&E visits from a group of ‘frequent...
- 23:45 Debenhams job cuts and store closures likely after disappointing sales
- 23:33 Labor's internal fight over refugee policy heats up with Ged...
- 23:23 Vegas Golden Knights miracle run lives on as they make Stanley Cup...
- 23:20 Patricia Morison, star of Broadway and Hollywood, dies aged 103
- 23:15 Arsenal set to confirm Mikel Arteta as new manager this week
- 23:12 Brendan Rodgers: ‘Trophies are brilliant but there’s a constant...
- 23:12 Paul Gustard’s move to Harlequins may hurt England’s World Cup...
- 23:05 May to pledge millions to AI research assisting early cancer diagnosis
- 23:05 May backs AI research to cut cancer death toll by 22,000 within 15...
- 23:01 Luis Enrique SNUB: Why Arsenal and Chelsea have opted against manager
- 22:57 Ironbridge duck sculpture thrown in river
- 22:56 Wildfire spreads across Arthur’s Seat in Edinburgh
- 22:52 Boris Johnson: we want a deal with the EU, not a customs backstop
- 22:52 Arrests over grenade attack on Salford house
- 22:51 JEREMY CROSS COLUMN: Jordan Henderson can become legend, Arteta,...
- 22:48 Manchester United squad ‘bemused’ by Jose Mourinho’s decision to...
- 22:45 Artificial intelligence can be weapon in cancer fight, PM to say
- 22:42 May to pledge millions to AI research assisting early cancer diagnosis
- 22:41 The Handmaid's Tale recap: season 2, episode 1 – Offred discovers...