Councillors vote to visit wind farm site
0 Have your say A site visit to the Fallago Rig wind farm is to be made by councillors before they decide whether or not to support plans to extend it.
A final decision on adding 12 turbines at the Lammermuir Hills site, plus extending the lifespan of the existing 48 turbines by five years, will be made by the Scottish Government’s energy consents department, but Scottish Borders Council is among a number of consultees being asked for their views.
East Lothian Council opposed the original building of a wind farm at Fallago and continues to oppose the current application.
Scottish Borders... read more
- 08:47 Man assaulted in Whitehaven after getting into what he thought was...
- 08:45 Time the great challenge in Brexit talks
- 08:45 Two Barrow teenagers banned from football for five years after...
- 08:45 Action urged as rural firms set to be hit by rates crisis
- 08:45 Kim Dotcom can be extradited, New Zealand High Court rules
- 08:45 Delays on Leeds-bound M1 after multi-vehicle crash at Wakefield
- 08:45 Cake sale in aid of north Cumbrian teenager badly hurt in crash
- 08:44 Emma Watson has launched an Instagram account that is going to...
- 08:44 Morrisons recalls beef slices over listeria fears
- 08:44 Thanks for the support - now give us brass
- 08:43 The morning news headlines: Theresa May warned of 'crash landing'...
- 08:43 European shares led higher by telecoms, Unilever slump weighs
- 08:43 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:42 Person rescued from early morning house fire
- 08:42 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:41 Two Barrow teenagers banned from football for five years after...
- 08:41 Delays on Leeds-bound M1 after multi-vehicle crash at Wakefield
- 08:41 Oscar nominee Isabelle Huppert 'nearly wasn't in Elle'
- 08:41 WW2 veteran fulfils wartime wish by turning 100 surrounded by...
- 08:41 Brian Wilson: Crunch time now for BBC Alba, a Scottish success story
- 08:41 Which pop stars deserve a blue plaque in their honour?
- 08:41 Donald Trump state visit will be debated in Parliament
- 08:41 Column: Decision must be made about college
- 08:40 NHS IN CRISIS: ‘Stroke patients will have to travel further to...
- 08:40 Delays on Leeds-bound M1 after multi-vehicle crash at Wakefield
- 08:39 Firefighters tackle car blaze near Ludlow
- 08:39 Video: Tadcaster whole again as Archbishop blesses bridge
- 08:39 Celebrate town, but don’t revert to stereotypes
- 08:39 Shooting victim named as Sheffield murder investigation continues
- 08:39 Out-of depth May in thrall to authoritarian Tory right