Councillors to quiz head of West Yorkshire's cyber crime unit
The importance of protecting children from cyber crime will be discussed by decision-makers in Wakefield next week.
Members of Wakefield Council’s children’s scrutiny committee will quiz a West Yorkshire Police expert on online safety on Monday, looking at the extent of cyber crime, online safety education and potential risks in the Wakefield district.
The meeting comes as up to one third of all internet users are now under the age of 18, according to a report prepared for the meeting on Monday.
Councillors will discuss the ongoing work of West Yorkshire Police’s Cyber Crime Unit, which... read more
- 13:17 Man accused of Leicester hospital stab attack appears in court
- 13:16 Residents helped keep traffic moving during snow chaos
- 13:16 Woman drove elbow into fellow drinker’s head in pub attack
- 13:16 Man seriously injured in New Ferry explosion recovering after...
- 13:16 Ahed Tamimi: Spotlight turns on Palestinian viral slap video teen
- 13:16 East Midlands businesses invited to comment on Heathrow Airport...
- 13:16 I had to convince mum my new diet was a good idea, says footballer...
- 13:16 University of Cumbria’s fetal research listed among most important...
- 13:15 East Midlands businesses invited to comment on Heathrow Airport...
- 13:15 Final beam in place on iconic building
- 13:15 Leyland woman accused of murdering baby denies the accusation
- 13:15 Preston traders affected by improvement works say it's business as...
- 13:14 Man who sparked manhunt after walking out of magistrates court...
- 13:14 Met Office warns that Lincolnshire is facing nine hours of...
- 13:14 Funding page set up to pay for funeral of woman who died on New...
- 13:13 Guinea healer held over faking hundreds of pregnancies
- 13:13 UN alarmed as US cuts aid to Palestinian refugee agency
- 13:12 Rare first edition Harry Potter worth £40,000 stolen
- 13:12 Police Academy director Hugh Wilson dies
- 13:12 MP raises issue of poor patient transport services
- 13:12 PICTURES: Busy Mansfield road closed after car hits pedestrian
- 13:11 ‘New California’ declares independence to become 51st US state
- 13:09 Sir Desmond Swayne 'embarrassed' by Commons snooze
- 13:09 MP raises issue of poor patient transport services
- 13:09 Quiz: How much of a Stormzy fan are you?
- 13:09 NHS 'haemorrhaging' nurses, experts say
- 13:09 Liverpool's Marko Grujic to join Cardiff on loan as Middlesbrough...
- 13:09 Floyd Mayweather rides a horse on the beach as boxing legend...
- 13:09 Businessman throws a lifeline to worried Carillion staff
- 13:09 Farewell to Ronaldinho, the first YouTube footballer: From...