Councillors in Northern Ireland vote to boycott The S*n
Councillors in Northern Ireland have voted to support a boycott of The S*n .
Derry City and Strathbane District Council passed a motion at a meeting on Thursday requesting all newspaper vendors stop selling copies of the tabloid.
Read More Asda to stop selling The S*n in 11 Merseyside stores
Cllr Paul Gallagher, who put forward the motion, said the decision was made in solidarity with the Hillsborough families.
He said: “The S*n newspaper was blaming fans just days after the disaster and now that has been finally exposed by the inquests we are glad to show solidarity with the families.”
The... read more
- 20:01 Hermes parcels sorted in makeshift Northampton car park depot
- 20:01 ‘Hero’ MP Tobias Ellwood appointed to Privy Council
- 20:01 Asos, Accessorise and New Look: The best romantic dresses
- 20:00 Hundreds of motorcyclists form guard of honour for funeral of young...
- 19:59 Birmingham City nostalgia: The Aliou Cisse story
- 19:59 See inside Birmingham's stylish new city centre restaurant
- 19:59 Aston Villa's Neil Taylor happy to be at a club 'everyone envies'
- 19:59 S&P 500 cuts losses as healthcare bill pulled
- 19:58 Sun to shine on Nottingham this weekend as temperatures hot up
- 19:58 Table top sale in Louth in aid of World Challenge
- 19:58 Win a pair of Stoke City season tickets for the Potters' 2017/18...
- 19:56 Sergi Roberto backs Barcelona to appoint Juan Carlos Unzue as manager
- 19:56 Goal machine speaks out about Man United: Forward is leaving...
- 19:53 Manchester City anti-doping breaches revealed: Club broke rules...
- 19:52 Speculators boost U.S. dollar bets for third straight week - CFTC,...
- 19:52 Vile sex beast who broke into South Yorkshire mum's home and raped...
- 19:51 Jordan Henderson says signing for Liverpool FC was a "surreal" moment
- 19:51 Donald Trump's US healthcare bill vote withdrawn
- 19:48 Robbie Savage: This Chelsea player has been a revelation this season
- 19:48 Snapped: Can you guess who attended England's training session...
- 19:47 Food startup Eatsa sued for not making kiosks accessible to blind
- 19:47 Uber tells U.S. court customers must arbitrate disputes
- 19:46 Teachers to strike at Rainhill High School next week
- 19:45 'Let's keep Leicestershire blue': Tories launch county council...
- 19:44 Deer spotted wandering in the road outside Wollaton Park
- 19:43 Vile sex beast who broke into South Yorkshire mum's home and raped...
- 19:42 Mum has 'lost everything' after devastating house fire in Dawnay...
- 19:41 Man United legend: Jose Mourinho needs to have this star at Old...
- 19:41 First look at new LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Manchester
- 19:39 Geordies wanted: Firm offers more than £40 an hour just to speak in...