Council View: Be seen and stay safe on dark winter nights
0 Have your say At the end of October we turn the clocks back by an hour signalling the end of British Summer Time.
It’s an important time to remind everyone of road safety advice as we will also have darker nights for longer as we approach winter.
Evenings will become darker, with dusk falling as early as 4pm – just as schoolchildren are travelling home and rush hour begins.
As winter progresses, it will also be dark on school journeys in the morning.
We once again urge youngsters to wear fluorescent or bright clothing in the daytime and reflective material at night to make them more... read more
- 02:19 New shop opens in Redcar - and it expects to pay customers £250,000...
- 02:19 Disgraced teacher used phone app to help secretly record hours of...
- 02:19 From football coach to headmaster: Laurence Jackson head retires...
- 02:19 Ex-hospital worker who injected himself with stolen drugs has...
- 02:19 'Everything was bouncing off him, including the police': NINE...
- 02:18 Megan Bannister: Friend calls for 'duty to help' law
- 02:09 Ice warning issued for Greater Manchester as region remains in the...
- 02:09 Councils have had to intervene 4,000 times when children were at...
- 02:04 Coronation Street spoilers: Lucy Fallon teases new Bethany Platt...
- 02:04 I’m A Celebrity 2017: Amir Khan hits back as he faces Iain Lee: ‘We...
- 01:53 Championship verdict: Nigel Adkins seems to have got Hull in shape...
- 01:42 The Scots who fought in the battle for Jerusalem
- 01:41 Star Wars: The blockbuster made in Borehamwood
- 01:35 The death (possibly) of monogamy and other relationships
- 01:35 He could have been a contender
- 01:35 Alternatives to the nightmare of a society ravaged by inequality
- 01:35 Defoe brace secures a point for Cherries against Palace
- 01:35 Son shines bright for Spurs in dominant win over Stoke
- 01:35 David’s West Ham slays Goliath as Conte concedes title
- 01:35 The financial aristocrats will eat themselves
- 01:35 The Middle East peace process lies in ruins
- 01:35 ‘This is the 275th day of our hunger strike’
- 01:35 It seems that Brexit doesn’t mean Brexit
- 01:35 Boris leaves Iran without an agreement on jailed Brit
- 01:35 Survivors still let down 6 months on
- 01:35 See the light: Ban nuclear weapons
- 01:33 League Two verdict: Jack Lester is finally turning things around as...
- 01:33 League One verdict: Wimbledon's Darius Charles stumps up £150 to...
- 01:28 I’m A Celebrity 2017: Iain Lee brands Ant and Dec 'b******s' during...
- 01:28 Business leaders urge ministers to 'steady Scotland's economic ship'