Council View: Be seen and stay safe on dark winter nights
0 Have your say At the end of October we turn the clocks back by an hour signalling the end of British Summer Time.
It’s an important time to remind everyone of road safety advice as we will also have darker nights for longer as we approach winter.
Evenings will become darker, with dusk falling as early as 4pm – just as schoolchildren are travelling home and rush hour begins.
As winter progresses, it will also be dark on school journeys in the morning.
We once again urge youngsters to wear fluorescent or bright clothing in the daytime and reflective material at night to make them more... read more
- 13:33 VIDEO: £5m retail development at the former Vesuvius factory site...
- 13:32 Ambulance crews get police award for work to try and save life of...
- 13:32 Man appears in court over murder of Rolandas Poskus after body...
- 13:32 Man charged with assault following death of Nuneaton man
- 13:31 The story behind Business Secretary's backing for Grimsby's...
- 13:31 VIDEO: £5m retail development at the former Vesuvius factory site...
- 13:31 Watch incredible moment traffic cops box in suspected criminals as...
- 13:31 Fightback dinner celebrates the youngest person in Scotland living...
- 13:31 New divides over oil prices as Opec heads for crunch meeting
- 13:29 Roads now open following serious collision near Northampton
- 13:29 Edinburgh’s Archangels syndicate takes top spot
- 13:29 Man City chief provides major update on Jorginho deal
- 13:29 Culture secretary urges BBC to appoint female Question Time host
- 13:29 Shamed MSP Mark McDonald 'should be suspended from Holyrood'
- 13:28 Mum's airing cupboard death 'devastated family'
- 13:28 Police car collides with bus in Newport, injuring 10
- 13:26 Anger in Cumbria at 'valueless' northern rail slur
- 13:25 Carlisle comes up trumps when it comes to clean air
- 13:25 Anger in Cumbria at 'valueless' northern rail slur
- 13:25 Dinosaur bones, shark teeth and crocodile armour at popular museum
- 13:25 Theresa May’s backdrop collapses again in Prime Ministerial...
- 13:25 Teen remanded over Wakefield city-centre stabbing
- 13:24 Top Grasmere chef proves he can handle the heat
- 13:24 A thief who struck at a shopping centre has been locked-up and...
- 13:23 Parents swap the suburban life for living on the open road in an...
- 13:23 'You can lose my suitcases but don't take my stroopwafel!' United...
- 13:23 Book review: The Blood Road, by Stuart MacBride
- 13:23 Book review: Assurances, by JO Morgan
- 13:23 Trader's €1bn deals voided after training platform mix-up
- 13:23 Nato chief says Trump-Putin meeting would not contradict policy