Council spends nearly £400,000 on clearing up fly-tipping with just two prosecutions
North Lincolnshire Council spent nearly £400,000 on clearing fly-tipping incidents, according to recent figures.
The figures obtained from the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs show incidents reported by the local authority for the financial year 2014/15 and include figures for the actions taken against reported fly-tipping.
Figures show the council spent a total amount of £378,999 on incident clearance costs.
The statistics come as incidents of fly-tipping have recently been reported around North Lincolnshire and the council has been forced to clean up a site vacated by... read more
- 18:27 Shaping Up: If you’ve fallen back in the winter, it’s time to...
- 18:27 Bradley Lowery shows off new haircut ahead of England mascot...
- 18:26 Germany's Schaeuble advocates 'multi-speed governance' in EU - FT
- 18:26 U.S. shares edge higher as healthcare vote eyed; gold dips
- 18:25 Arsenal’s Laurent Koscielny names Chelsea’s N’Golo Kante as Premier...
- 18:25 Manchester United should re-sign Michael Keane – he’s better than...
- 18:25 Fernandinho headstart in adapting to Pep Guardiola's Man City demands
- 18:25 Sergio Romero reveals weird obsession with his Manchester United kit
- 18:24 Nottingham schools could lose out on millions in Government funding
- 18:24 See the amazing miniature food that looks so real you want to eat it
- 18:24 Mikael Forssell exclusive: Ex-Birmingham City star looks back at...
- 18:24 Aston Villa's Albert Adomah on painting & decorating and being...
- 18:24 CCTV image issued after chainsaw theft near Bourne
- 18:24 Birmingham City Under 23s extend unbeaten run at Sheffield United
- 18:23 Ander Herrera reveals amazing secret about Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- 18:22 Birmingham Moseley taking nothing for granted against struggling...
- 18:22 Aldi to open SIXTH Coventry store - and they're hiring
- 18:21 Squash is a ‘great’ sport to teach, say Doncaster brothers
- 18:21 Appeal to trace South Yorkshire owner of stolen rose gold iPhone 6
- 18:20 Sheffield man accused of sexually assaulting vulnerable women says...
- 18:20 Appeal to trace South Yorkshire owner of stolen rose gold iPhone 6
- 18:20 Fire breaks out at Bangladesh central bank
- 18:20 Cobblers winger Sonupe joins Kidderminster on loan
- 18:20 EU refugee policy unsustainable, says Council of Europe commissioner
- 18:19 Mum sobs in court after smashing up equipment at Lincoln hospital
- 18:17 Two men jailed after trying to sell handgun linked to terrifying...
- 18:17 Pointless presenter Alexander Armstrong left unnerved by THIS...
- 18:17 REVEALED: 14 ways to keep kids entertained on flights WITHOUT...
- 18:17 Anti-ageing drug could be on the market in three years, say scientists
- 18:16 Mark McGhee urges Scotland fans to turn out in numbers for Slovenia...