Council’s school absence fines rocket in county
0 Have your say A council has issued more than 2,000 fines to parents for their child’s unauthorised absence from school since last September – a six-fold increase on the previous year.
Last year, Nottinghamshire County Council voted to lower the threshold for how long a child could be absent before a fine is issued.
That meant instead of a 25 per cent absence rate - or seven-and-a-half days over six weeks - a parent could be fined if their child missed 10 per cent of lessons, or three days, over the same period.
A report discussed at Monday’s children and young people’s committee meeting... read more
- 13:45 Shaking seats, water sprays, scented air: is 4DX the future of cinema?
- 13:45 Police appeal after burglary at Moor Street station
- 13:45 Wolves, Fulham and Aston Villa stars aplenty as our writers name...
- 13:45 First community chip shop in the UK to reopen near Coventry
- 13:45 Cat given away by family walks 12 miles to find them - and they...
- 13:44 Nissan cuts posts at its Sunderland plant
- 13:43 EU rejects Irish border proposals and says Brexit talks could still...
- 13:43 Arsene Wenger was like a squatter... he outstayed his welcome and...
- 13:42 Rise in assaults on staff reveals intolerable pressure on NHS
- 13:42 Man sought by Cumbria Police in connection with attempted arson...
- 13:41 Boy, 16, ‘deliberately started house fire that killed his mother, 32’
- 13:41 Scottish Power to hike energy prices for 1 million customers
- 13:40 How to make your property stand out from the street with a bold...
- 13:39 Nissan cuts posts at its Sunderland plant
- 13:38 Antonio Conte reacts to Arsene Wenger’s decision to quit Arsenal
- 13:38 Colne toddlers raise £600 with three-mile sponsored walk
- 13:37 German supreme court rejects ad-block challenge
- 13:36 Mum claims son, 6, told ‘he’s not black enough to wear conditioner’...
- 13:36 What's next for Arsene Wenger? Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain...
- 13:36 Arsene Wenger's dream team: After 22 years at Arsenal, Sportsmail...
- 13:36 Beckton birthday acid attacker John Tomlin jailed for 16 years
- 13:36 Sheffield school issues warning about flasher
- 13:36 Nissan cuts posts at its Sunderland plant
- 13:34 Tommy Wright is not welcome at Dens Park, says Neil McCann
- 13:34 Superstar DJs: the best playlists curated by musicians
- 13:33 How long has Arsene Wenger been at Arsenal and how long was Sir...
- 13:33 VIDEO: Heroic Stratford mum Rachael honoured
- 13:33 Britrock tour comes to Birmingham
- 13:32 Sunderland v Burton Albion is not the only result Nigel Clough will...
- 13:32 Police on the hunt after woman was sexually assaulted in Preston