Council plan clampdown on 'high-risk' rented flats in area of Sheffield where inspectors found buckets being used in place of toilets
After a property licensing scheme in Page Hall forced private landlords to make over £1million in repairs, Sheffield City Council is now looking to introduce the scheme in a second area of the city - where inspectors found buckets being used in place of toilets. Using Government legislation, a five-year-long Selective Licensing scheme was introduced in Page Hall in April 2014, aimed at improving the safety and standard of privately-rented homes in the area and the way they are managed.
Known for being home to vast swathes of restaurants and takeaways selling cuisine from around the world,... read more
- 12:01 BREAKING NEWS: Road closed in Northampton after fatal hit-and-run
- 12:01 Cottingham school hoping new library will inspire a love of reading
- 12:01 Zoe set to have a ball at Radio 2's Ibiza weekend
- 12:01 APPEAL: Man suffers serious facial injuries in Blackpool 'bar brawl'
- 12:00 Man headbutted girlfriend in front of baby daughter
- 11:59 MP ‘delighted’ by Fylde job figures
- 11:59 Zoe set to have a ball at Radio 2's Ibiza weekend
- 11:58 Hugh Grant to marry for the first time
- 11:58 50,000 knitted poppies and massive community spirit - how Ripon's...
- 11:58 Over 30 miles of motorway links across Yorkshire set for safety...
- 11:58 John's real-time WW1 blog: 17 more casualties overshadow hints of...
- 11:57 Watch out - extra speed camera vans on roads
- 11:56 Glasgow Westerwood hotel and golf resort among five new DoubleTrees
- 11:56 Alexis Sánchez admits he has struggled to adapt at Manchester United
- 11:56 Over 30 miles of motorway links across Yorkshire set for safety...
- 11:55 Extra tickets for Lionel Richie's Northampton gig go on sale
- 11:55 Simon Kerrigan hits a ton as Fulwood and Broughton enjoy Lancashire...
- 11:53 Mark Zuckerberg to meet EU leaders tomorrow after snubbing the UK
- 11:53 Aerial shot of Harry and Meghan could be the best royal wedding photo
- 11:53 House for sale offers rare opportunity to become part of island life
- 11:53 'Whey Aye' wheel plans for Newcastle quayside
- 11:53 Claire Williams at Aire Studio aims to bring the Lancashire scape...
- 11:52 Blackpool paramedic Rhian’s pioneering idea helps cut A&E visits
- 11:52 GALLERY: Wigan Warriors fans at the Magic Weekend
- 11:51 Key white supremacist found living in Montreal exposes reach of...
- 11:51 MP ‘delighted’ by Fylde job figures
- 11:51 Blackpool paramedic Rhian’s pioneering idea helps cut A&E visits
- 11:50 Ozell Pemberton murder: Boy, 17, in court accused of fatal stabbing...
- 11:50 St Helens students raise funds for local cancer centre
- 11:49 Using lots of mirrors, can you see infinity?