'Council has duty of care to maintain Derby football pitches and prevent further injuries'
A leading Tory councillor said Derby City Council needed to "urgently review" it's processes for maintaining its football pitches after a young footballer was injured by a glass bottle hidden in long grass.
Councillor Matthew Holmes believes the authority has a "duty of care" to ensure others are not harmed.
Joseph Welsh was taken to hospital on Sunday after cutting his knee on a bottle near the goalmouth of a pitch at The Racecourse playing fields.
IN OTHER NEWS: Is your child's school closed in latest support staff strike? Yet the council intends to go ahead with plans... read more
- 16:35 Leicester’s hospitals have 1,300 patients waiting over a MONTH for...
- 16:35 Wall St. falls as earnings from some big names disappoint
- 16:33 Investigation after blaze rips through terraced Birstall house
- 16:33 Next IMF aid tranche demands tough, Ukraine official warns
- 16:32 Outraged MP tweets photo of 'xenophobic' refugee poster in Parliament
- 16:32 Mark Carney 'understands' savers' anger with low interest rates as...
- 16:32 'Wonky' Harris Hawk stolen in break-in
- 16:31 Charitable young people help renovate Nelson centre
- 16:31 Jack O'Connell to star in Alexander McQueen biopic
- 16:30 Schweinsteiger belongs on Manchester United team sheet says German...
- 16:30 Guardiola reluctant to throw Man City kids in against Manchester...
- 16:30 Halloween makeup: How to do this spooky skeleton manicure
- 16:29 Why can’t the NHS treat my mental health as effectively as my cancer?
- 16:29 Libyan interference in rescue may have caused 30 migrant deaths -...
- 16:28 Anglesey Aluminium demolition starts to make way for £1bn biomass park
- 16:28 NHS fertility pioneer who helped thousands have children dies at...
- 16:28 Nazi POW's postcard returned to family by teacher
- 16:27 Police provide update over shocking footage of girl beaten in...
- 16:26 ‘Fascinating’ photographic archive of 1920s Leith published online
- 16:26 Win a magical Disney holiday
- 16:26 Music review: Goat
- 16:25 Elderly couple feel lucky to be alive after car smashes into their...
- 16:25 Ex-car auction firm boss 'can't wait for justice' in Lloyds Bank...
- 16:25 Brackley robber who cut woman’s hand with knife sentenced to four...
- 16:25 Morrisons launches in-store pumpkin carving lessons for parents
- 16:25 Which country is the most generous in the world?
- 16:24 US child porn case Briton loses High Court extradition battle
- 16:24 These 37 medical treatments are completely pointless, according to...
- 16:24 Mixing Red Bull and alcohol is a really, really bad idea, according...
- 16:24 WhatsApp is now more secure than Telegram – someone should tell Isis