Council fined after leaving vulnerable people’s personal info exposed online for 5 years
A Notts council has been slammed and hit with a hefty fine after admitting it left vulnerable people's personal details exposed online for FIVE years.
The Information Commission described the major error by Notts County Council as a "serious and prolonged breach of the law" and fined the authority £70,000.
The Data Protection Act requires organisations to take appropriate measures to keep personal data secure, especially when dealing with sensitive information.
But the county council posted the gender, addresses, postcodes and care requirements of elderly and disabled people in an... read more
- 18:10 Parts of Blackpool’s South Pier cordoned off in safety scare
- 18:09 Ahmed Musa sets TWO World Cup records as Nigeria beat Iceland
- 18:06 Horninglow shops count cost of devastation after burglar stole...
- 18:04 Big Interview: Ambitions plans at Fulwood & Broughton Cricket Club
- 18:02 Hero neighbour rushes into burning home to get people out of...
- 18:02 John Bercow aims to stay on as Speaker to oversee Brexit process
- 18:01 Serbia vs Switzerland LIVE: Team news and World Cup updates from...
- 18:01 Sergej Milinkovic-Savic: Why Man Utd, Real Madrid and Barcelona...
- 18:01 300 Easyjet and Ryanair flights cancelled this weekend - are you...
- 18:00 Plans to fix dangerous Sutton road
- 18:00 John Leslie cleared over Edinburgh nightclub hen night sex assault...
- 17:57 Police hunt man after damage to Barrow pub
- 17:57 Refugee reveals the terrifying moment he fled Darfur during civil war
- 17:57 North and South Korea agree to reunite families split by war
- 17:52 Durham University student cleared of rape and sexual assault
- 17:52 Phillip Wearne obituary
- 17:52 BMW joins Airbus in Brexit warning
- 17:51 Coventry City boss Mark Robins's reaction to the new League One...
- 17:50 Scale of repairs revealed at ceiling collapse school in Birmingham
- 17:50 House of Fraser closure could be a housing 'opportunity' for...
- 17:47 Judge rejects bid for gender-neutral passports
- 17:46 Pair deny Cockermouth Christmas Day assault allegations
- 17:44 Bus diversions after car overturns in Beeches Road, Great Barr
- 17:43 Popular Hull café Nibble to double in size in city's booming Fruit...
- 17:43 Best of British with the Range Rover Evoque
- 17:43 Police refuse to give up but after 114 orders made, is this...
- 17:43 National Kissing Day: There’s nothing wrong with kissing on the...
- 17:42 Police appeal after arson at Chesterfield gym
- 17:42 Noise complaints force Edinburgh music festival indoors
- 17:40 Romelu Lukaku working on helping Belgium to win rather than Golden...