Council could move OUT of Birmingham's famous Council House
Above: Timelapse video shows historic Central Library coming down
Council bosses could move OUT of Birmingham’s historic council house complex – which needs a £24 million refurbishment.
Both the local authority and the city’s famous museum and art gallery could temporarily quit the site – which dates from 1879 – as the work is done.
The famous edifice is showing its age and repairs are needed on its stone and windows, while large-scale electrical work is required within three years to remain compliant with regulations.
Safety issues with the Council House balcony were highlighted last year... read more
- 10:22 SE Asia Stocks-Lower; Trump's tirade on China weighs
- 10:22 British woman ‘secretly buys apartment where Madeleine...
- 10:21 Vicky McClure talks The Replacement, Line Of Duty and those James...
- 10:21 Nuneaton woman arrested over crash which killed expectant father
- 10:20 ‘Dangerous’ road needs new crossing say worried parents
- 10:19 National award for ‘loyal’ Amelia
- 10:19 Guess who’s back! Leeds Festival date for rap star Eminem
- 10:19 ‘Dangerous’ road needs new crossing say worried parents
- 10:18 7 Leicester Comedy Festival shows on tonight
- 10:18 Train lines reopen for Northampton's evening commuters after 'bins...
- 10:18 St Margaret's Way closed county-bound due to storm damage
- 10:18 A place only for the bold as Doris batters Blackpool
- 10:18 Five out of five for Poulton apartments
- 10:17 Nine in a row as RBS posts annual loss and flags job cuts
- 10:17 Wolves vs Birmingham City: Paul Lambert on Gianfranco Zola and the...
- 10:17 Walking Dead actor mocks claims of racism after Primark T-shirt is...
- 10:17 Celtic fined £16k UEFA for pyro at Manchester City clash
- 10:17 Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce provides an update on the Chris Samba...
- 10:17 West Brom team news: The latest from Tony Pulis on his squad
- 10:17 Iraqi forces push into first districts of western Mosul
- 10:16 Vandals pour paint stripper on cars in Amber Valley
- 10:16 Bank staff donate £20,000 to hospice
- 10:16 Highest wind speeds revealed as Grimsby area escapes worst of Storm...
- 10:15 REVEALED: Derbyshire primary schools set to gain and lose funding
- 10:14 Did Justin Bieber just casually wet himself and style it out?
- 10:14 Bentley in rallying cry to Shrimps fans
- 10:14 Have you seen a magpie? You had better touch wood
- 10:13 Coventry City's League One trip to Sheffield United - rearranged
- 10:13 Former Man City boss Roberto Mancini 'sounded out' to replace...
- 10:13 New faces for Cumbria's flagship county show.