Council considering options after Longscar takeover bid refused
Council chiefs say they are considering their options after Government inspectors rejected a bid to takeover Seaton Carew’s neglected Longscar building.
Hartlepool Borough Council sought a Compulsory Purchase Order (CPO) for the privately-owned seafront property which closed a decade ago and has been branded an eyesore.
The council said the removal of the Longscar was a key part of its Seaton Masterplan regeneration scheme which includes demolishing the Longscar building and replacing it with a market square and events area.
A three-day inquiry was held at Hartlepool College of Further... read more
- 11:36 Armed robbery at Sheffield petrol station
- 11:36 BREAKING: Six individuals to face charges over Hillsborough disaster
- 11:36 Ex-police officer David Duckenfield charged with manslaughter and...
- 11:36 Two arrested in South Shields in computer software service fraud probe
- 11:36 Emergency vehicles sent to reports of a fire at Caythorpe recycling...
- 11:36 BREAKING: M1 closed in both directions in South Yorkshire due to...
- 11:35 Safety of Harrogate District's residential properties reviewed...
- 11:35 Ex police chief charged with manslaughter over Hillsborough Disaster
- 11:35 Faecal bacteria discovered in ice at three coffee chains, BBC's...
- 11:35 Sign up to take part in this year's Tour de Furness fundraiser
- 11:35 How to stay safe in wake of new global cyber attack
- 11:34 BREAKING: M1 closed in both directions in South Yorkshire due to...
- 11:34 BREAKING: Six individuals to face charges over Hillsborough disaster
- 11:34 Hartlepool United severs all ties with JPNG and Gary Coxall in...
- 11:34 Paramedics ride NARROWBOAT as they rush to help patient
- 11:34 Hillsborough criminal charges to be brought
- 11:34 Man dies after being struck by car in Leamington
- 11:34 What will the ATMs of the near future look like?
- 11:34 Britain is leaving the EU, but should Brexit-hit investors go the...
- 11:33 Warning over Tesco voucher scam as thousands fall for crafty hoax
- 11:32 More than 400 properties empty in the Harborough district
- 11:32 It’s a Knockout fun day for inspirational Amelie
- 11:31 Family’s lucky escape as overturning car demolishes wall at...
- 11:31 Paedophile breached order by talking to boy, nine, in Chorley
- 11:31 Firefighters battle house blaze in Hartlepool
- 11:30 David Duckenfield and Norman Bettison among six people charged over...
- 11:29 Eyeing election, Russia's Putin stages visit to voter's rundown home
- 11:29 Liverpool pre-season tour: Fixtures, teams, dates, stadiums revealed
- 11:29 ‘Man Utd have signed Ethan Galbraith’: Irish FA make announcement...
- 11:29 Government invests £340,000 to remodel Harrogate A&E department