Council backing for campaigners
Northumberland County Council is to press the Government over its ‘failure’ to give adequate notice on changes to retirement dates for women.
There was unanimous agreement across the political parties at a recent full council meeting to call for transitional arrangements to support women born on or after April 6, 1951, ‘who have unfairly borne the burden of the increase to the State Pension Age with a lack of appropriate notification’.
Deputy business chairman Coun Liz Simpson, who proposed the motion, said: “More than one-and-a-half million women had major pension changes imposed on them... read more
- 21:40 Illegal angler fined for fishing without a licence
- 21:40 Tesco is recalling Butter Chicken product as it contains nuts
- 21:36 BREAKING: Turkish police capture New Year's eve ISIS nightclub gunman
- 21:34 Liverpool legend slams Manchester United for "lack of class" in Old...
- 21:34 Thierry Henry: Why Chelsea's 3-4-3 system is so effective
- 21:33 Ivory Coast police fire teargas to disperse protesting students
- 21:32 Pregnancy weight gain not linked to early death in adulthood
- 21:32 Gentler exercise ‘can be just as effective’ as intense activity
- 21:31 'Wicked' man, 78, jailed for historic sex offences against children...
- 21:31 Blue Monday: 17 reasons why Derby folk should be cheerful in 2017
- 21:26 Boy, 17, admits Birmingham taxi stone attack
- 21:24 Mark Carney: Household debt and consumer spending a key focus amid...
- 21:24 Man in court admits hiring a prostitute in Derbyshire
- 21:22 Chelsea close to agreeing major striker deal - Sky Sports reporter
- 21:22 Businesses throw support behind £1m action plan for Derby's St...
- 21:22 Your pictures of REALLY bad parking in Derbyshire
- 21:22 Blue Monday: Let comedians from Derby Theatre's sell-out shows...
- 21:22 Drink-driver crashed into Land Rover carrying baby in Derbyshire
- 21:21 Louis van Gaal set to retire from football for ‘family reasons’
- 21:18 David Cameron should not lead Nato, says senior Tory
- 21:18 EastEnders spoilers: Phil Mitchell discovers the truth about his...
- 21:17 Europe braced for TENS OF THOUSANDS of migrants to arrive in...
- 21:14 Woman, 65, fined £80 for pouring her coffee down a drain
- 21:13 Chelsea lend promising goalkeeper to Solihull Moors
- 21:13 "I am fed up!" Danielle Lloyd claims she doesn't get a PENNY...
- 21:12 Banned Birchencliffe driver smashed into garden wall during police...
- 21:11 Rush hour crash closes M55
- 21:09 Man City boss Pep Guardiola 'takes closer look' at Fabian Delph
- 21:08 Thousands of elderly volunteers help ease health care crisis
- 21:07 Chester hospital threatens to sue in-house charity as 'trespassers'