Council accused of 'wasting' £100k after buying £500k house for children and families centre
A cash-strapped town hall has been accused of ‘wasting’ cash after splashing nearly half a MILLION pounds on a five-bedroom house in a quiet suburb to convert into a centre for vulnerable kids and families.
Bury council bought the house in the middle of a residential estate in Fairfield for their new Reach Out Project, but did not tell residents of the plan until the purchase went through.
The detached home, at Bridgefield Mews, Bridgefield Drive, will be turned into a centre for vulnerable children and teenagers and their families to help them stay together - or ‘separate positively’.... read more
- 15:55 U.S., UK growth data to give steer on monetary policy
- 15:55 Halifax sex offender ensnared by ‘paedophile hunters’
- 15:55 Gypsy folk-rock band with big reputation set for Marchington show
- 15:53 EU 'not capable' of signing Canada deal
- 15:53 How one woman overcame a debilitating stammer to follow her dream...
- 15:53 Court list: Who has been up before Scarborough magistrates?
- 15:52 Child seat product recalled over safety fears
- 15:52 Spooky goings-on on Pumpkin Path in Leamington town centre
- 15:52 Rafa Benitez: This is what being at the top of the Championship...
- 15:52 County Hall move ‘set for full council debate’
- 15:52 Devastation for family after tragic cat deaths
- 15:52 Snapped: Key man trains with Arsenal despite injury fears ahead of...
- 15:50 Battle of Britain Memorial centre faces funding change
- 15:50 Countdown to Horncastle Christmas Tree Festival
- 15:50 Readers’ letters
- 15:49 Missing Notts girl, 14, may be in Derbyshire
- 15:49 Air Ambulance scrambled to Alfreton ladder fall
- 15:49 Diana's stepmother Raine Spencer dies aged 87
- 15:48 Man was so high on drugs he could hardly remember his destructive...
- 15:47 Parks across Harrogate district up for national award
- 15:47 Church celebrates 50th anniversary
- 15:47 Northamptonshire gets share of 1,000 new 'nursing associates' being...
- 15:47 World stage for Spalding human rights defender’s cause
- 15:47 Councillor supports theatre group
- 15:46 Sunderland World War Two evacuee gives children a lesson in wartime...
- 15:46 Scream if you want to go faster... it’s the St Crispin Street Fair
- 15:46 Pontoon plan to revive Stirling’s harbour link to the Forth
- 15:46 Diego Costa vs Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Battle of the Premier...
- 15:45 Chelsea Team News: Antonio Conte to make late call over star duo...
- 15:45 Diana's stepmother Raine Spencer dies aged 87